Back from Texas (pic)

Noel Brandon

Just got home from a trip to West Texas to hunt with Todd and Jeff of Texas Predator Pursuit fame. We had a good hunt, harvested a lot of critters. I didn't get a final tally, but it had to be closing in on 40 total animals. 22-23 coyotes, a dozen fox, 2 cats, and 5 hogs. This pic was taken before we were done hunting and the cats and a couple of the fox were already skinned and in the freezer.
Thunt2006049.jpg

It was a good time, a lot of shooting and a lot of laughing.
My dad commented that he had forgotten what it was like to be with a bunch of guys in a hunt camp. We hunted pretty hard, I've got some catching up on some sleep to do.
Todd and Jeff thanks again. Take care, Noel

Way to go guys. Noel, I hope you gave the boys some more blooper footage????

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Randy

Guys, how far out in West Texas. I went to College in Alpine. Were you anywhere near Brewster County?

Great pictures and I can only imagine the great time. Good going.

Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Washington anymore....lol! Nice work fellas. Way to stack em' up. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Great picture Noel. Hope I can bag that many in a few days myself..............Congrats.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif

Last edited:
Thats Awesome!!

I'm headed to the airport dark and early tomorrow morning...hope I have 1/4 of the luck you did!!

As a side note, it is tough packing for a hunting/business trip. So many business things get left behind..hehe

UB

Noel,

Looks like you guys had a fantastic hunt and we're going to have to start calling you "Catmaster" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif . I can't wait to see the footage of the action, as Jeff and Todd are truly at the pinnacle of the video world with regards to predator hunting. It also shows once again that Skeet Jones has access to some of the best predator calling areas in the country. I'm really glad your Dad was able to go with you and enjoy the hunt, after all, while killing predators is awesome, the great memories of hunting with friends and family are what it's all about. I've said it before, but you won't find a better bunch of guys to hunt with than those Texas guys. Noel, one more thing, please tell me you contributed to the blooper section, you know, misery loves company /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Conrgrats again on the great hunt.

Derek

Noel, I talked to Jeff Friday and he said he was TIRED. Kinda had bad service on the ole' cell phones.
CONGRATS! Deffinetly looked like you guys had fun.

God Bless,

Song Dog

Well we had a really great time too! I got off the phone with Skeet and got the final numbers.

49 Coyotes called, 22 killed
15 Fox called, 10 killed
3 cats Called 2 Killed
Spotted around 20 hogs, 5 killed
And a few Jack Rabbits to top it off! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

It was A great Hunt and we got to meet a few really good guys! Hopefully Todd will Post a few pics. He has got the tapes. So maybe you guys can convince him to do it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-006.gif

Alright, Alright I'll start working on it. It might take me a while to find something nice to say about you hoodlums, but I will try /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Glad you guys made it home safely.

Todd

Thanks guys, we did have a good trip. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif Art and Jay a couple of guys that came on the hunt are a couple of real cut ups, and kept things lively. Never a dull moment for sure. I did my best to stay off the blooper reel, so I don't know if Todd or Jeff caught any of my finer moments on tape. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

doghntr- we there on a 3 day or 4 night hunt. We came in early one night when the wind kicked up and we cut it a little short the last night because we needed to get up early to get to the airport later that morning.

Todd- I hope you have some footage that you don't have to bleep to much out of. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-006.gif I was draggin on the trip home Fri. I was hopin to catch a nap, but got the tots from hell sitting behind me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angry-smiley-055.gif So that didn't work out.

Overall it was a very successful trip. Everyone got in alot of shooting, and the misses were kept to a minimum.

OK Todd, I know you got a couple of action pic's that look better than the stills I have. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif Lets see a couple. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif
Take care, Noel

Last edited:
Back