AR-15 Barrel Length?

Candidus, I've got your pole. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-006.gif

Seriously, I recommend that you go to m-14.com and do some reading about the AR before you jump the gun (pun intended). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Frienda don't let friends shoot factory rifles (let alone factory black rifles).

It seems to me that most of the reason for a CAR is weight and something that's easy to carry and shoot. The reason for 20" is that extra velocity.

Why not go for a nice custom 18" fluted barrel by PacNor, CLE, WOA or ... Seems like that's the perfect combination to me. I'd also go with a 1:8 twist in a perfect world. BTW, 18" is what all of the hot new hoydy toydy boys are building over at arfcom. Hundreds of sheeple can't be wrong LOL.

Quote:
Candidus, I've got your pole. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-006.gif

I am sure you do. That's what he told me. I bet you got a real nice pair of Adirondacks too. I hear that's how they do it in the Blue States.

My 18" "SPR" clone. She likes heaver bullets (75 gr), and I've gotten a couple of 4.5" groups out at 600 yards with her.

320903.jpg

MEGA lower, White Oaks Armament SPR profile barrel, Rock River Arms 2 stage trigger, Yankee Hill Machine light wieght free float rail system. Leupold MR/T 3x9 with Tactical Milling Reticle in Larue Mount.

I find her a good balance of weight vs. accuracy

-Dave

Last edited:
Back