U.P. Predator Challenge

TimberGh0st

Hey everyone,

For all members that are close to Upper Michigan check out the site for details http://uppredatorchallenge.com/

This is the 3rd annual U.P. Predator Challenge. This years top prize is $700 and many other prizes as well. So if ya like to travel the circuit then go to the site and fill out the registration form!!

Hope to see some of you there!!

Here's the MI DNR info on licenses:

http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,1607,7-153-10363_10880-31597--,00.html

You must paste the whole link into your browser for it to link to the license info page.

Further, this applies to out of state hunters looking to purchase a license.

Nonresident Fur Harvester License

Nonresidents may hunt and trap furbearing animals only from November 15 through the regular season closing dates. A nonresident cannot purchase a license before November 15. Residents of Wisconsin, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota and the province of Ontario, Canada, cannot purchase a Michigan nonresident fur harvester license because those states and that province prohibit Michigan residents from purchasing an equivalent license.

MI VHNTR

Sounds like a fun event. I don't much care for the restrictions on non-residents hunting furbearers in MI, but can't blame them since WI has similiar restrictions. I put in a word to change things when I can but it's an old protectionist mentality from back when furs were worth a lot more. Not many would pay the high non-res cost to trap a $2.50 muskrat or shoot a $15 fox anyway. An event like your predator hunt would be what I would come over for.

Have a good hunt, hopefully the weather will cooperate.

Quote:
Sounds like a fun event. I don't much care for the restrictions on non-residents hunting furbearers in MI, but can't blame them since WI has similiar restrictions. I put in a word to change things when I can but it's an old protectionist mentality from back when furs were worth a lot more. Not many would pay the high non-res cost to trap a $2.50 muskrat or shoot a $15 fox anyway. An event like your predator hunt would be what I would come over for.

I hear ya.The way it looks the non-resident thing may change soon,the Wi. Trappers Assoc. has been working hard on the issue to get NR status,hopefully it wont be long now.

From what I understand though we can buy a MI. smallgame to hunt coyotes,because there not listed as furbearers.

I don't mean to sound like a 'regulations stickler' but that small game license in MI to hunt coyotes only applies to MI residents. Those non-res that are able must get a $150 non-res fur harvesters license.

There is a little room in another provision which is that: "Raccoon and coyote may be hunted or trapped on private property by a property owner or DESIGNEE at any time if they are doing or about to do damage on private property. A license is not needed." All I know is coyotes can be destructive beasts & one has to use common sense. Not to many people get worked up if one dispatches a coyote or 2.

Back