Byron South Sound Library

Jay Nistetter

I listened to the Coming To The Call Sound Collection from Byron South last night and must say that I am impressed.

All of the 16 sounds are good and 8 of them are outstanding IMHO.

I will definitely be using these 8 to replace other sounds on my E-callers. I think these sounds rival the tried and true sounds of the best available.

I just got the bobcat sounds put on my FX3.They all sound great!The Tom and Jerry sound I think is a must have /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gifI think the bobcats will agree with me too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

My favorite BS sounds in order of preference are:

Snd# Descr.
012 Male Jackrabbit Distress
013 Female Jackrabbit Distress
014 Swamp Rabbit Distress
015 Duelling Jacks
003 Canine Pups
004 Tom & Jerry
005 Bobcat in Heat
008 Cottontail Distress

These are keepers for the areas I call and my style of calling.

Thanks Jay.

Lonedog,

The sounds are available in CD format. There are 4 different CD's with four sounds per CD (16 sounds total). They are on the CD in two different formats. If you put the CD in a CD player it will play each track for about 15 minutes. If you put the CD in your computer you will find the files in MP3 format. This format is handy for placing the sounds on a variety of different callers on the market that recognize MP3 files. The sounds were recorded and mastered at the highed audio quality available to CD. In other words they are true CD quality recorings. I have these sounds on my FX3 and they sound like the real deal. Of course they should as most are recordings of the real deal. The only sounds that aren't actual recordings of wild animals in distress are the howls, ki-yi's, and the "bobcat in heat". These sounds are recordings of me on a howler, done in a controled environment to capture the cleanest sound possible. The "bobcat in heat" sound is a sound that I make with my mouth. I have used this sound for many years with excellent results. Many others are familiar with this sound as Foxpro has offered the first recording of this sound for quite some time. We have recieved lots of positive feedback on how effective this sound is on bobcats. Some, including me, have had coyotes even respond to this sound. Every sound in my library has also been proven to get excellent results, in fact, if you hunt with me these are the sounds we will be using.

For more information or to purchase these CD's you can go to my website Coming to the Call . These CD's are also available at All Predator Calls. com and Game Calls .net Both of these guys are also sponsors of PM.

Almost forgot, the sounds are also available on your FX3's from "FOXPRO" and "All Predator Calls". When you order your new FX3 from either of these guys, just ask about my sounds.

Also if you have any questions about these sounds, I will be glad to answer here in this thread. I'm in and out a lot but will check in when I can.

Merry Christmas and Good Hunting

Byron /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thanks Skunkylure,

The Tom and Jerry sound is one of my favorites. It is the sound of a feral cat with a high pitched rodent distress. Every one know that bobcats respond well to busy, high pitched sounds. I mixed in the sound of the fereal cat to add a little more excitement to it. Cats will find this sound hard to resist.

Byron

Byron, I have a 8 sound Foxpro with the long range remote, could Foxpro put some of your sounds on my caller? Is there a possibility of hearing a short length of the sounds you have? Kinda like FP does on their website with the voice over the sound but you still get a real good idea what it sounds like. Thanks

jay you left out the rodent in distress it is awesome as well! I like the same ones you do otherwise,especailly the swamp rabbit! it really hacks me off that Byron left out my favorite sound!
"THUNDER"
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

From the technical side, I like the MP3's for a couple of other reasons too. They're about the right length, under a minute, and they're in a good format, 260 Kbps, which is almost as good as it gets for MP3. That means they're ready to install on most e-callers.

Lonny,

The only way I know of getting the sounds on a FOXPRO 416 or 532 is with the PG-1 adapter. You can order it and the CD's through FOXPRO. You could also send the unit in and have them put the sounds on it for you. There is a charge for this service and will also be a charge for the sounds as well. You best bet is to get the PG-1 though. This way you can load what ever sound you want at any time in the future.

Tonlocus,

I will bring plenty. There will also be some given away as door prizes.

Nahautl,

Thanks, I know you have a discriminating ear and I'm very pleased you like my sounds. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Now I'm off to try and catch some ducks and geese. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I agree with Jay. Byron, you really did a great job making this sound collection. Can't wait to put them on my caller. That "Bobcat in Heat" sound sure was effective last year. I wish I would have video taped one of those bobcats that came in from across a canyon like he was on a string.

Nice work Byron.

Lonny, e-mail me your address and I'd be happy to send you my PG-1 adapter.

Good hunting, Curt

Now I know what happened to those tape boxes...Byron came over to my office some time back and....I always wondered why he was so adamant about me going to pick up that Pizza rather than us just going out.

Just pass on some of those profits Pal and maybe I won't drag you into court.

Going after Ducks and Geese my butt....he probably is down at Burnham Brothers. Beware of Greeks bearing gifts and tall skinny Texans feigning "Awe Shucks"...........

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-006.gif

Last edited:
Yes Lance he is Joking. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif It was hamburgers that he went after. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Gerald,

Profits? I hope to get my gas money back. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

Last edited:
If you did not drive a truck that BIGGGGGG, it would not take much gas. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Well, have you got Goose or Duck droppings all over you. Did you squeeze them hard enough to get any sound out? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Gerald,

Awe shucks, couldn't catch any. Do you have some I can borrow? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

Back