Cold yet?

NASA

I think it's officially winter now. Woke up this morning to -5 degree temps. Wind chill made it -17 deg. Should be great hunting this weekend, lol. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

It was -17 at my house this morning, with wind chill it was -26. BURRRRR. It is supposed to get down to -24 tonight. this weekend is suposed to clear off and get a in the upper 20's and low 30s. Should be great weekend...

It was 8 on my way to work this morning and my blowere fan for my heater decided to stop working. I figured it out after I got to work it is just a loose connection on the motor.

here it was a whopping 2 and wind chill was -15 now its about 8 and wind chill is about -5 and its snowing, which i hope holds till the weekend.

Gunnut, I'm about 200 mi. north of you in Boulder. I know a bunch of guys in and around T town, though. I get down there whenever I can. You're in a good area for bobcat, too.

C'mon Greg, we call it a blizzard if it flurries and the wind blows at the same time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Schools close when there's 1" on the ground. 2-3" is a snow day at work, and 4" shuts down the Interstate and the TV stations declare a "crisis", lol.

Quote:
I can't believe you guys.

It has been -30 here for a couple days now. Was +17 eleven days ago.

Greg

thats expected that far north. Here when it only gets this cold on a rare occasion. Yes -30 is cold. But when you consider how mych further south I live then you do its kinda impressive... It will close to -30 here tonight and that pretty darn cold for this part of the country. not to mention that the Dallas Ft. Worth area is getting Snow Today... I would be like you getting hit with a coule of Days of 100+ temps for the summer.

Albert you talkin celcius?Its -9 here right now but the sun is shining and its beautiful,gonna hit the ice again tommorow and yank some dinner through a little round hole!There is a sign on a pass near here stating there was the lowest recorded temp ever in the lower 48,I believe it was 52 below 0 without the wind chill.If I remember right its stemple pass just west of here.

The sky is falling, The sky is falling!!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif Be advised some strange white stuff is falling in North Texas. Everyone stay inside until this strange phenomenon is over. Grandpa told me this day would come. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Take care,

Todd

Woke up this morning to 15 degrees with a wind chill of 0. The low tonight is supposed to be 11. They sky isn't falling here like it is up around Weatherford, but it's cold enough for me!! I love it though....the colder it gets the more those predators have to get out and make a living for themselves to stay warm!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Take care and God Bless,

Rusty

Yhe i was wrong its Rogers pass and the temp was -69 below 0,this came from the national weather service site...

The lowest ever recorded in the contiguous 48 States, was -69.7 degrees - rounded off to minus 70 degrees - at Rogers Pass, in Lewis and Clark County, Mont., on Jan. 20, 1954. Rogers Pass is on State Highway 200 about 40 miles northwest of Helena. It is in mountainous and heavily forested terrain about one-half mile east of and 140 feet below the summit of the Continental Divide.

Sorry

Here is a link to a USA today story I found on temps... It is pretty interesting. At the bottom of the page it gives the coldest temp for every state. The Coldest Co temp was -60 somthing just 30 minutes from my house.

Check it out: Coldest Temps

Last edited:
Back