Best 22 Mag round for Foxes??? (CCI TNT??)

Hog-Sniper

I shoot CCI "TNT's" for ground hogs and they work great. I'm gearing up for some foxes and was wondering what everyone else uses. Any recomendations?
Thanks

I load my own with 40grs noslers and use use hodgen "lit gun".So work into it but is far better than anything I've found in stores.Thanks Clint.

vmaster59; I think perhaps you misread the post? Hog-snniper is talking about 22 rimfire mag.

I could never get the 30gr. tnt's to group as well as the 34 & 40 grain ammo. But micro-grove rifling just seems to be picky that way.
Whats best is probably a universal question there is realy no answer to. I do like the depandability of a nice 40gr. hp. But often I'll trail with the 40gr. psp while game hunting and have taken fox with that round as it is more of a less destructive appitite.

Hog Sniper, I like the Remington Premier 33gr V-Max. I have not had good luck with the CCI TNT's on predators. They tend to do a lot of pelt damage. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Hi danurve i am shooting the Marlin 922 M 22 mag semi auto loader. Mine didnt like the CCI's as good as it did the Win ones. And i have taken more game with the Win ammo. I would like to try some of the new v-max's ammo. In my 22 mag. VM

Yes the v-max is accurate no doubt, just pricy for 22wmr. Also (in my 25mn) it's poi @ 50 yards was different then anything else. I was once on a mission to stick with two different rounds one for hunting critters and one for small game, with same/similar poi. Then CCI starts loading for Rem 22mwr and Winchester is moving its production - so /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif
Come to think of it considering how the supremes are somewhat frangible and evil they might work very well. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Varmit Master, how do you like that Marlin? I'm thinking about getting the same with the camo stock, but in bolt. Have any idea if they make semi in camo?

Hi Scottpk i dont think that marlin makes that gun any more. I fount a store on guns of america that had 2 of them new in the box. This makes the second one i have had .I sold the first one dint shoot it i didnt think that much until i sold it. Then i seen how much i need it . So i fount this new one. I would like to have a camo syn stock BUT i have never seen one. VM

You use the Rem vmax's JAMaidens? What brands of rifles you running them thru? I want to try some on my Win 9422M but if they wont work in it i want to buy another gun. I really want to shoot some of the high performance 22m stuff. Thanks.

I like the PMC Predators. Good shooters in my gun and I recovered one from some water jugs that showed classic expansion with good penetration.

50 grain Federal hp works well for me. If you get a surprise coyote or cat to show up you have a little more lead to lob at him.

Black Wolf, I am useing a Thompson Center Contender. No problems with the tube there! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif They are outstanding rounds, very good on fox and cats. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Back