after you hear the coyotes howling how do you get them to come to you ?

im new to the whole coyote hunting thing and im trying to find out as much as possible . during night time hunts i use a locator calling tape till i hear them howling back at me but i cant get them to come in . i often try to move in on them if i have a partner to hold the light . but what can i do to get them to come to me ?

SHANE

------------------

I like to howl acouple of times to start my stand.After a couple minutes I will blow a series of distress calls(rabbit,fawn,or some other animal in distress)about every 2 or 3 minutes for the next 15 minutes.If I don't get anything by then I move to my next stand and repeat this process.I usually try to make 10 stands In a morning of calling.Hope this is of some help...

I think UT Caller has given you the correct advice. I just use a rabbit call or other distress, wait 3 minutes and repeat. Not knowing how much experience you have, I am going to play it safe here. If they saw you or smelled you they probably won't approach. Meaning that if they don't come in, it may be because they saw or smelled you. Maybe Leonard and Randy can answer your night calling questions better than I can. Wiley E

I have found that after a group of coyotes howl at you, after your howls. If you howl again it is hard to get them to come in.. I will have to agree with the other guys also. Howl and then wait for 2-3 minutes and then get on your distress call. This in my experience is the fastest way to get dogs to charge in....

------------------
Bus-Bus

Back