ATF Form 4 Wait Times.

Got notification today from Silencer Central that my paperwork has been approved and just needed to fill out the Form 4473.... Finally!!!

Originally Posted By: jspencerGot notification today from Silencer Central that my paperwork has been approved and just needed to fill out the Form 4473.... Finally!!!
So you had to wait 16 mos. ?

I'm at 12 months today. Silencer Central.
frown.gif

Called ATF today to check on status. The lady told me they’ve been finishing the electronic submitted forms in about 100 days. When I told her this was day 119 for me and I’m only still listed as “pending”, all she could say was “well that’s just an estimate”. It’s no big deal! I never believed the turn-around would be 60-90 days as originally promoted when they went to the electronic system. I’m thinking anything under 6 mos. may be more realistic.

Originally Posted By: basdjsOriginally Posted By: jspencerGot notification today from Silencer Central that my paperwork has been approved and just needed to fill out the Form 4473.... Finally!!!
So you had to wait 16 mos. ?

It was about 14.5 after I completed all the trust paper work & finger printing.

Originally Posted By: MachiasI'm at 12 months today. Silencer Central.
frown.gif

You're probably getting close then. I wanted to try some different cans and instead of sticking to what I know I let myself get sucked in to the Silencer Central program thinking it would be faster. Uhhh, yeah, not so much. I was right at 14 months which was more than double the amount of time any of my others took. The guys at SC were great to deal with and their cans are pretty decent but there was nothing faster about using them. The new E-Form process sounds like it's really speeding things up but unfortunately that wasn't available when I bought my cans from SC.

Originally Posted By: B23Originally Posted By: MachiasI'm at 12 months today. Silencer Central.
frown.gif

You're probably getting close then. I wanted to try some different cans and instead of sticking to what I know I let myself get sucked in to the Silencer Central program thinking it would be faster. Uhhh, yeah, not so much. I was right at 14 months which was more than double the amount of time any of my others took. The guys at SC were great to deal with and their cans are pretty decent but there was nothing faster about using them. The new E-Form process sounds like it's really speeding things up but unfortunately that wasn't available when I bought my cans from SC.

Yep, I was hoping they were going to be right around 7 months...like they said. But nope!! Really hoping it comes in soon. I got a pup I'm going to start decoying with and I don't want to shoot around him without the suppressor.

I had one approved in 138 days about a month ago. Purchased through A local dealer that used SS. That was by far the shortest wait I’ve had. Longest was 445 days.

A friend of mine and his girlfriend bought suppressors at the same time…..her’s was approved and she picked it up today. One year and three weeks wait. My buddy is still waiting.

I’m at 147 days on my e-filed wait.

Originally Posted By: alf
Looks like 5 months plus is the new standard for E filing.

Current wait times through today at SS:

https://www.silencershop.com/atf-wait-times
Things are getting slower, not faster. They've tacked on another month to the wait times in the last month.

They are now up to 6 months plus........

I bought 2 cans in my last go around. The first one I got back in about 11 months. That was Jan of this year. The second one was rejected because of supposedly bad prints. Reapplied in Jan. Still waiting.
The can I got to take home was a 30 cal Rex Silentium MG7. The one still in jail is a MG7 in 9mm. I'm going to use that one on my 8.6 BLK.

Last edited:
Tomm will be 189 days. 27 weeks since I filed through the E File through silencer central for a Banish 22. Did my first one through SC as well. Form 4 trust paper. Filed in august 2020 and had the suppressor in my hand in April of 2021. Banish 30.

Back