300 black out powder?

lowholer1

In these days of powder shortages I am running low on powder for my 17 remington and 204 ruger I thought I saw load data some were using 300 black out in these calibers.Can anybody direct me to load data?
Thanks Rick

There is powder out there. Quite a bit. Its not cheap, but one can get buy for sure!

What powder are you looking for?

I just happen to have several jugs of 300 BLK Out and was looking to see if I can shoot it in my 17 rem or my 204 rugers.My 17 rem shoots awesome with h 4198 but thats like finding retumbo or H4350.I have a good supply of defferent powders just looking to try the 300 blk out in somrthing other than my 300 blk out.
Any Ideas? Have not found data to try it any place probably because it's not made for 204 0r 17 cal.
Rick

cfe blk is gonna be way to fast for either of those cartridges.

its more in the magnum pistol range like lil gun/h110 burn rate wise when you need something quite a bit slower.

hth

I'm not sure whether you're referring to Shooter's World "Blackout" or Hodgdon "CFE BLK." I've shot both this powders in my 300 Blackout, 20 VarTarg and 221 Remington Fireball w/ some success. I've not considered trying them in my son-in-law's 204 Ruger as I'd think both of those powders would be too fast. I'd think they'd be too fast for the 17 Remington, as well.

Back