Muleys in Velvet (in 4k)

Thoroughly enjoyed the video, Dave. Thanks for sharing some of your beautiful scenery!

Regards,
hm

Great video Dave. Thanks for sharing. Watched it with my son, he talks all the time of going on a trip to hunt western big game. He’s 7, so seeing all those bucks really stoked the fire in him. I hope we can make it out that way one day and make a hunt and enjoy the big open country.

Thanks fellas! Appreciate that you spent the time to watch and appreciate the encouraging words even more.

Adam - start planning now and get that kid out here on top of some velvet muleys!

- DAA

Good stuff there Dave. I went to Camp Maple Del a couple years and then worked there one summer when I was 16.
Im guessing that's in the same general area?

Lance, no, not really even the general area.

Elk Ridge is in the SE part of the state, empties into the San Juan drainage. Real close to the Colorado river.

Just the other side of the river is The Maze, one of my favorite areas. Just north is Beef Basin and Then Needles district of Canyonlands. Two more of my favorite areas. Just south is Cedar Mesa and Grand Gulch, my very most favorite area.

A bit southwest is the Henry Mountains - mule deer nirvana. I'm gonna hit the Henry's during the rut this year and see what kind of video I can get. I've gotten some decent still photos there in the past.

Henry's deer...

20131121_Deer-150WB.jpg

20131121_Deer-174WB.jpg

20131121_Deer-73BW.jpg

SunsetMuley11x14W.jpg

LittleNicer11x14%20RetouchedW.jpg

- DAA

Ah. I just Google elk ridge and it came up just up Payson canyon.

Love that sunset pic. I've had that saved on my phone from the first time you posted it, along with several of your coyote pics and a pic of big muley bedded in someone's front yard in I think Colorado.

Thanks Kerry!

I really do appreciate you guys taking the time to watch, and comment.

Fifteen years ago, I swore off video, forever. I was just so sick and tired of anything having to do with filming, editing, any and all of it. I was just burnt out on it beyond burnt out.

To make a short story shorter. I got a drone for Christmas. No intention of making any video with it. But I did, just to see. And found I'm having fun with video again. So... I'm going to keep doing it, for now, as long as it's still fun. Hearing from you guys helps make it fun.

- DAA

Thanks Dave for sharing your GREAT vid's-----I'd never get to see Beautiful deer like those you filmed -----THANKS FOR SHARING FOR US OLD BUCKS----------Very nice

Back