Some think I'm crazy

pyscodog

LOL, I know some of you and some of my friends think I'm crazy. I buy and sell a lot of firearms, mostly rifles and then I turn around and sell them. Guys at my club say I buy a rifle, get it shooting 1/2 inch groups then sell them. Well, that's probably true but that's my little niche in life. Its what I enjoy doing. I'm single, don't drink or go to bars. To old to chase women, and sold my Harley's. I buy and sell guns. Some I keep, some get sold or traded. Sometimes I lose money, sometimes I break even and sometimes I actually make a little. We all have our hang-ups, just most don't air them on a public forum. I'm not ashamed of what I do as its one thing in life that makes me happy. At my age there aren't many things that do. Life is short, really short. Do what makes you happy and don't worry what others think. In the words of Bon Jovi...Its My Life!!!!

Last edited:

Back in May, my primary doctor said I had an aneurysm on my aorta artery. Needless to say it scared the crap out of me. They say Google is your friend. Well not always. Google searchs say a person with this condition usually dies in a year if you don't take care of it. I'm thinking, how long have I had this?? Anyway, I started seeing a heart Dr in Tulsa. After 5 different tests and a lot of worrying, turns out there is no aneurysm and only minor blockage that needs no attention at this time. I probably made more out of this than was necessary but I've been pretty healthy all my life and do my best to stay that way so it was a pretty big deal to me. But the point is, you never know when your time is up. Do the things that make you happy. Don't worry what others think. Tomorrow may be to late.

Glad all is well with your health.

I have a similar rifle affliction and attitude toward what others think.
If folks think we are crazy, so be it. Age has its privileges.

I think it's great that you have a productive hobby that brings you a lot of enjoyment. So many people these days waste there time and money on things that just don't matter. Keep after it!

ok, somebody has to say it. some are pretty sure you're crazy.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: SlickerThanSnotok, somebody has to say it. some are pretty sure you're crazy.
smile.gif

Coming from you..I take that as a compliment.
thumbup.gif

Yes, Bill. You are indeed crazy. Same as me you old coot.
tt2.gif

I am right there with you as far as not keeping non shooters in your safe. I do not hunt big game any longer so my biggest bore rifle now is my .243 AI. But like all of my varminters, if they will not shoot 1/2" 5 shot groups at 100 yards with my handloads they go down the road. I will not fuss too much with a non shooter. Why bother with a gun will not shoot like you want it to? Not me.

Ornery cusses like you do not die young, Bill. If that was the case you would have been pushing up daises a long time ago!
thumbup1.gif

GC, you sound a lot like I was back in the day. In my case I generally had to give up something to get something new, so a lot of guns came and went. Looking back I wish I would have kept certain ones. Two Colt .22 revolvers come to mind - a new Frontier and a Peacemaker, not to mention an early model Winchester 9422 for starters. It hurts to think about it.

Originally Posted By: Keifustoo old to chase women? does not compute. somebody needs to push your reset button

Life is so much easier without one around. You'll understand that some day. I haven't had to ask if its OK to buy a gun in years. Love it!!!

Originally Posted By: Keifustoo old to chase women? does not compute. somebody needs to push your reset button

A lot of us are in reality not too old to chase women. We just do not wish to face the embarrassment of actually catching one and then trying to remember what to do with them after that. I lost my instruction manual years ago.

Pyscodog you just described me to a T but I as well am 70yrs old a lifelong shooter and used to hunt I became disabled and all I have to do is go shooting work on way to many guns and reload. I have to face the facts that I need to downsize my collection but it's like pulling teeth.None of us know what tomorrow brings so make the best of what we can and be thankfull!.How is that tikka you purchased coming along?

Tikka's doing great. Matter of fact its going to the club Thursday for a little get together with a couple of buddies.

A few years ago, I was seeing a lady from OKC. She'd come down for the week-end, stay the night, then go home. One week-end she came down to visit and she started asking what she would do with all her furniture. I told her I thought it was just fine where it was. She never came back. Was it something I said??? These days I just look and remember. I seem to like it that way.

I'm just a youngen, only been married 30 years. Just last night I said honey I need a new thermal scope. She said ok. I can't argue with that. A couple buddies now divorced,I heard their women say do you really think you need that when it came to guns. Who said anything about need.

Back