Productive Spot

Nice double. What happened on the last one? It looked like it was going to give you an opportunity but maybe at longer range.

I'm not sure exactly how many coyotes there were that night, 3 for sure.

I was set up facing north on the fence line with a corn field on my right. Wind was out of the SW quartering away. The Foxpro was in a big dry ditch 75 yards down & to my left, so it sucked the coyotes into the pasture for a perfect shot.

When the 1st one bailed out of the corn & stopped, at the shot, there was another varmint hauling azz along the distant fence row out of sight to the left. He may or may not have been the 2nd one to come in. I think it was a different one.

The third one hanging up in the fence line, I wanted to shoot in the worst way. However, there were cattle in the pasture on the other side, and I didn't want to take the chance. Not worth it.

I killed 2 more in that spot later on, so I like to think I got him anyway.

Excellent Thanks.
I have never seen in my thermals or any vids posted here the “ghosting bloom” that appeared 8:30to 2:30 in front of the fence. Any body explain it?

Originally Posted By: jmeddyI have never seen in my thermals or any vids posted here the “ghosting bloom” that appeared 8:30 to 2:30 in front of the fence. Anybody explain it?
Starting when?

I guess I don't/can't see what you're seeing, care to elaborate on "ghost blooming?

Originally Posted By: alfOriginally Posted By: jmeddyI have never seen in my thermals or any vids posted here the “ghosting bloom” that appeared 8:30 to 2:30 in front of the fence. Anybody explain it?
Starting when?

I guess I don't/can't see what you're seeing, care to elaborate on "ghost blooming?

I’m pretty sure he is talking about the grass that seems to appear in the foreground about 5:15 then fade away by 5:30.

Originally Posted By: bcturkeynutOriginally Posted By: alfOriginally Posted By: jmeddyI have never seen in my thermals or any vids posted here the “ghosting bloom” that appeared 8:30 to 2:30 in front of the fence. Anybody explain it?
Starting when?

I’m pretty sure he is talking about the grass that seems to appear in the foreground about 5:15 then fade away by 5:30.

I see it now......too busy watching for varmints before.

Strange........

Back