GPO optics

My buddy has a passion 3x 6-18x50. Pretty darn clear glass with decent turrets. The MOAcreticle is really nice for shooting prairie dogs, but too thin for hunting low light conditions. Their customer service is great too. He had his heavy barrel 204 in a gun vise and it wasn’t tight enough. He walked away and while he was gone, the weight of the barrel flipped his rifle upside down and fell to the concrete floor landing on the elevation turret. It bent the cap and the internals due to the right of the gun. He called them and told them the truth what happened, the lady said sorry about your run of bad luck, here is a return label to send it back. He sent it in and a few days later received a new replacement.

I read a couple of guys from Zeiss started the company. A shop in Tulsa carries some of the low end models. About all I know about them.

I put a 3-9x42 Passion on my new muzzleloader. I am really very impressed with it so far. My Leupolds have always been great, but this one just seems clearer and a more defined view. I compared with a Tract Toric 2-10 and a VX3HD 2.5-8 at dusk until 40 minutes after sundown. GPO won the low light test followed closely by the Leupold and surprisingly the Tract, most expensive of the three was last.

I hadn’t ever heard of them. Looked at their site, decent looking products in an array of classes and prices. Their website says the German based company is owned and operated by the former CEO of Zeiss and the American company is based out of Virginia. I’d be interested to hear some more first hand reviews, might be a product worth trying.

Back