Life-size Thermal Coyote Targets Homemade

bcturkeynut

I really like slinging lead with my thermal but got tired of shooting foil crosses and squares so I took a stab at making some life-size coyote targets. I hung steel gongs behind the kill zones to get that instant confirmation of a hit. I still need to do some tweaking but I'm getting there. The video below shows what they look like in real life and by thermal.

That's cooler than all get out. Nicely done.
thumbup.gif

thats pretty nice but how many people could do something like that without pissing off there neighbors off at 9 or 10 oclock at nite

Originally Posted By: duckthats pretty nice but how many people could do something like that without pissing off there neighbors off at 9 or 10 oclock at nite

Shoot it during the day. Probably work better being the silver will reflect the sunlight

Originally Posted By: duckthats pretty nice but how many people could do something like that without pissing off there neighbors off at 9 or 10 oclock at nite

Now in hindsight I don’t think I made the description clear in the YouTube video. The color video was recorded while I was shooting with the Super Yoter thermal scope to demonstrate these targets would work in daylight. This shooting took place around 9:30am. The Yoter doesn’t record audio so I used the video camera to show the impact of the gongs could be heard. It was the same shot series, just recorded by two different devices. If I had the skills, it might have been better to have a split screen with the two videos synced together, but I’m not that guy. The video from the Thermion was a last minute addition to show how the targets would look with a 384 sensor.

Last edited:
Back