Which suppressor for a 22 Creedmoor?

Zback

Trying to figure out which can out there is going to have max suppression? I'm open to a dedicated caliber can or getting a larger cal if it will suppress better.

Originally Posted By: ZbackTrying to figure out which can out there is going to have max suppression? I'm open to a dedicated caliber can or getting a larger cal if it will suppress better.

TBAC 6.5 Gen 2 Ultra 9 is going to be about as good as it gets for your application and if you don't want a 9 inch can the exact same but Ultra 7 will be a close second.

Unless you can find actual tests done with 22 Creedmoor (or 22-250 or 220 swift) with a similar barrel length and bullet/powder combination, the best we can do is make an educated guess. Ideally you would want a 22 cal “can” that is thicker and longer. All the 22 cal cans that I’m aware of are smaller. I’m guessing my 338 thunderbeast can would result in less noise than most small 22 cal cans for a 22 Creedmoor. In my opinion, having a smaller suppressor is worth a few extra decibel’s of noise. My OSS suppressors are not as quite as my thunderbeast supressors but they have less “blow back”, so I like them on my ARs better.

Originally Posted By: ZbackTrying to figure out which can out there is going to have max suppression? I'm open to a dedicated caliber can or getting a larger cal if it will suppress better.

Take a look at the .224 VAPR, we designed them with SRT Arms, specifically to optimize the high velocity .224's, I've used them on the 22-250, 220 Swift and the 22 Creed. If you want more info or help shoot me a PM, I get quite a few emails every day regarding this specific question... Right now it's our primary for killing Coyotes.

I have a Lane titanium that I use on my 22cm, 22-250s, 223s and 204s and it really quiets them all down very well. 6.5 long, 11oz priced around 7 bills, very nice people to deal with and good service.

they have Stainless steel, stainles and titanium and all titanium, depends on budget.

At any rate, I like mine, but its the only one I have ever had so take it for what it worth.

My guess, any of them will do the job pretty well

6.5 Ultra Gen 2 will suppress better than any other 1.5" suppressor.
I'll try to do a 22-250 video with them on the PULSE soon. Been busy with the new Magnus videos.

Originally Posted By: RayDog6.5 Ultra Gen 2 will suppress better than any other 1.5" suppressor.
I'll try to do a 22-250 video with them on the PULSE soon. Been busy with the new Magnus videos.

This. I have Dead Air suppressors for my AR15 SBR rifles, but I only use the TBAC suppressors on my hunting rifles. TBAC has awesome customer service too!

1+ for TBAC. I gave an ultra9 gen1 and a 30p1 that I had re-cored to ultra core and brake mount. Cannot tell the difference between either of them and my buddy’s dedicated .22 cal ultra (they no longer make this one because of this).

The gen 2 is even lighter. Check out the dominus if length is an issue….I’d get a dominus over a ultra7

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: spotstalkshootCoyote can hear all of them. Correct. I know my SIG SRD556 is not the quietest, but has allowed me many doubles & second shots. At the shot the second coyote will jump a few feet then stop & look around. If I miss the 1st shot, the coyote spins around & stares at the ground where it was standing when I shot. Other times I will drop the 1st one, then in less than a minute another strolls into the scene. I'm willing to give up a bit of suppression for compactness. BTW, has anyone looked into how much sound originates from the ejection port when the AR bolt is blown open?

Last edited:
The cycling of an AR is about 117-118 dB's on its own. The bullet is out of the barrel and the powder is spent by the time the bolt starts to open so I doubt (just a guess) that there is any added sound over what the BCG makes.

Originally Posted By: MeyerwyI have a Lane titanium that I use on my 22cm, 22-250s, 223s and 204s and it really quiets them all down very well. 6.5 long, 11oz priced around 7 bills, very nice people to deal with and good service.

they have Stainless steel, stainles and titanium and all titanium, depends on budget.

At any rate, I like mine, but its the only one I have ever had so take it for what it worth.

I have the Lane Scorpion 556 Titanium as well and it is a great can IMO for its size. It is a nice small can that I run on my "Day Rifle". Measuered at my optic objective on my 22 creed it is 108 dB. I have a Omega 30 that I run on my "Night rifle" that measured in at 106 dB. Felt recoil is slightly less with the Omega 30.

Originally Posted By: MeyerwyI have a Lane titanium that I use on my 22cm, 22-250s, 223s and 204s and it really quiets them all down very well. 6.5 long, 11oz priced around 7 bills, very nice people to deal with and good service.

Have you ever had it leak at the between the tube and the monocore cap? I have one and it leaks so bad I can feel it blow back in my face on a bolt gun.

Last edited:
Have you ever had it leak at the between the tube and the monocore cap? I have one and it leaks so bad I can feel it blow back in my face on a bolt gun.

I have one of their 6.5 Scorpion it leaks too. Hope they can fix it
MB

Last edited:
Lane is on their third attempt to make my suppressor quit leaking. If they fail this time, things are going to take a significant turn in another direction. Defective products, that cost that kind of bucks, and take that long to get, don't cut it.

Back