Business card ideas for coyote hunting

Keith Karr

I’m thinking about having some business cards made to hand out to farmers and leave some on the counter of local feed and seed stores.

Wondering if any of you guys have done that and if so I’m looking for ideas on what to put on the card.

Thinking about a picture of a yote and maybe a heading of “Coyote Control” or something along that line. Maybe say something about “free service…..l just enjoy hunting coyotes”

Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated !

Last edited:
We do it too but when we are asking for permission. We have assorted coyote pics on them. On the back, we have our MT Als# name address truck plate #. We also say we are concerned with weed management and wash out under trucks daily when out. The ranch rep signs one and we sign one and carry their signature one with us.

Don’t waste your time in my opinion.

I have them, 99.9% of the ranches I have left them at have never called me back.

Get permission, then give them your contact info.

I also thought of doing it, making my own, but my "ask to granted" ratio has been so good it's not been necessary... it's been good I think because when I'm on duty (I'm a Deputy) riding the countryside I'm always on the look out for new places to hunt. Being in uniform and having a department business card at least lets people know I'm not some problem waiting to happen.

Initially, I looked at asking permission along with giving the card demonstrated I'm not shy about letting the property owner know who I am. That is, if I were in my own truck and blue jeans.

If they say no, and people do, I thank them and ask they consider keeping the card should something change their mind or they happen to encounter someone with a problem I might be able to help.

Several of my hunts last year were simply word of mouth between friends and co-workers who had problems with coyotes either harassing their cattle or killing their pet dog.

Between the places I have to go and word of mouth invites, along with the time I actually have to go hinting, I've not been very active lately generating new places. I guess that's a good problem to have.

I figure it falls into the "it can't hurt" category.

Keith, I designed my own business cards on Vista Print and had them make a batch. Then on my home computer I did a write up about myself (general statement and address, phone number etc.) along with a photo of me and even photos of my two trucks (all printed on card stock paper and folded in half) so that the land owners would know who I was and could feel at ease when I hunted their land. The truck photos would ease their worries if they saw one of them parked on their place. One land owner said he wished every hunter asking permission would do that.

That’s a good idea. I think the odds of more opportunities are better than nothing. Maybe you can report back after after awhile, and let us know.

The cards turned out good. If someone is willing post a picture for me, I’ll share with everyone what they look like. Pm me if you can post a picture for me.

Last edited:
Back