Remington 700 BDL bottom metal

A couple years ago I bought a .223 ADL at Walmart for around $100. I had never shot it until a few days ago and found it shot pretty well. I can't stand the blind mag so was looking to upgrade the stock and trigger.
Why are the BDL bottom metal kits so expensive? I'd really hate to may more for the bottom metal than I did for the whole rifle
Does anybody know of any that are cheaper that are decent.
Looking at them on my other rifles their isn't much to it. I'm not sure why it cost so much.
Thanks

Finding a used one is your best bet but they are still pricey. A lot of people are doing the same thing your doing. Buy cheap then upgrade, but in the long run you usually pay about the same as if you bought a BDL to start with after buying bottom metal and a new stock.

I hate the Remington plastic stocks but the ADL part doesn't bother me. Although its a bit of a PITA to unload.

There’s an ad on a local classifieds site for bottom metal for a Howa/Rem 700 short action for $55. Maybe look for a Howa set if they’ll fit.

I bought a clearance '06 Adl for 100$. A HS precision stock(used) cost 185$, found a used bdl metal for 85$(no magazine). I used a metal sanding belt on the belt sander to remove enough off the adl magazine to fit with slight movement(don't want it to bind between action and floorplate). Probably will rebarrel to 220 swift. Look you saved 300+ to begin with now make it special.

Last edited:
I was going to suggest a DBM as an option also.
A couple of guys from our area invented and patented it and ended up making almost nothing from it, amazing how that works!

The Legacy's at Brownells are oos. I seen Legacy's website yesterday and was wondering why they were a lot cheaper. I did think they might be plastic but i don't wasn't sure. I dont think it will make much of a difference. I'll have to look to them.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: shelton573Originally Posted By: derbyacresbobhttps://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/re...30b92569e3af577

Check out the above link. They are made of plastic. I really like the one I put on my Rem 700 223AI. Having a detachable magazine is really nice.

I have one of these on a Howa 243 and have no complaints. Although it’s plastic, it is fairly well made especially considering the price.

My Howa Mini has one as well and it feed shells very smooth.

Originally Posted By: pyscodogOriginally Posted By: shelton573Originally Posted By: derbyacresbobhttps://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/re...30b92569e3af577

Check out the above link. They are made of plastic. I really like the one I put on my Rem 700 223AI. Having a detachable magazine is really nice.

I have one of these on a Howa 243 and have no complaints. Although it’s plastic, it is fairly well made especially considering the price.

I agree. Zero resistance when picking up a round.

My Howa Mini has one as well and it feed shells very smooth.

Back