Unbelievable accuracy from a cheap rifle.

][/ur]]

I did do the M Carbo trigger spring mod and through on a new bolt and break from Anarchy.. but other than that it's stock.. still breaking in but velocity seems to be creeping up as it gets smoothed out.

The only problem with cheap rifles is they really aren't cheap anymore. Seems like the Ruger has increased their prices quite a bit in the last couple of years. Then they add a chassis model and the cost goes way up. Most budget guns, Ruger, Savage and even T/C, all shoot good and are accurate but sure have a lot of plastic parts. Its just hard for me to spend money for plastic parts that I know I will replace sooner or later with metal or wood. But that's just me. YMMV.

heck even BCA makes an accurate barrel once in a while
wink.gif

not shocking ruger gets its right
smile.gif

my bro has a retail grade rem 700 in 30-06 that shoots bugholes with several different bullets.

My experience with the Ruger Americans has been positive. I helped a friend sight in a .308 that was exceptionally accurate, and my Ruger American Predator 6mm Remington shoots great as well.

I bought a Ruger American Go-Wild in 243 last year to use for hogs.
Have some Hornady 100gr and Hornady 58gr, mounted scope and bore-sighted then off to the range and was surprised that this rifle handled both equally well. I think the best thing going for this rifle is the V-block bedding and free float barrel. It is lightweight and although I am old school blue and wood, I don't concern myself about getting dings on this Ruger. It's a keeper!

A buddy of mine had one in 6 creed also that was pretty amazing. Appears to be a winning combination.

Nice shooting, for sure!

My experience with the RAR has been very positive also. Two .243's and a .223 have been very good shooting rifles.

I agree they are hard to beat. I bought my son the wilds 243 and it like everything, nothing over 1" yet from 58grain to 100 grains, all factory. I have a predator in 6.5 grendel that is also a tack driver and a pure joy to shoot. I got it for my youngest to hunt with but I like it and he might get the 243 this year to hunt with. Yes, I like it that much I am willing to let someone use my 243.

thanks
Jon

Back