Gun Club..........

pyscodog

.....just keeps getting better and better. We already have two skeet fields and a wobble trap field. Also a pistol range from 5yds to 100yds. A rifle range that you can shoot from 50-300yds. All covered with concrete bench's. Last year we added an "All Weather Facility" that's heated and air conditioned that we can shoot out to 300yds indoors and out of the weather. Now we just accumulated 9 new skeet machines to start a 5 stand course and will have it kick off this week-end for the 4th of July celebration. We aren't the biggest club in Oklahoma but I think its one of the best. We just keep improving every year.

Well, the 4th of July party at the club was a huge success. Probably 60 plus men, women and children attended. There were 41 rounds of skeet shot and 38 rounds of 5 stand and several rounds shot on the wobble trap field. Lots of food and drinks. No alcohol though no one seemed to miss it. Weather was miserably hot but we endured and had a lot of good times. You should have been there!!!

When I first joined my club, maybe 12 years ago, the membership fee was $100, and annual dues were $50. Today, the same membership cost is $1200 0r $1250, can't remember for sure and annual dues are $100. We have a 25 person waiting list and LOL, a waiting list to get on the waiting list. It usually takes two years before we have an opening. Right now today, we are voting to raise out yearly dues to $125 per year, due to increases in utilities and insurance costs and later in the year maybe add more members. The last few years the activity at the club, at least on the rifle and pistol ranges has dramatically dropped off. I can't say if its due to the ammo shortage but I think that has a lot to do with it. With hunting season approaching I think activity will increase.

I read somewhere a while back that other clubs were having low activity as well. If you belong to a club or range, are you seeing the same thing?

I have a range on my place out to 1000 yards. I guess I am guilty of not being thankful enough to have that to use.
But then there are those guys out west that have places to shoot out 2 miles or more. I guess they would get a kick out of my little 1000 yards.
The only place around here you could see that far would be straight up.

Originally Posted By: vahunterMy gun club is 30 yards from my front porch. Pistol range and 100 yard benchrest for rifle.
Mine is any gravel road.
Never more then a 5 minute drive.

Back