Leupold MK5 7x35HD opinions?

Kino M

Staff member
Thought I'd give Leupold a try and bought a MK5 7x35HD with the new PR2 mil based reticle for an ELR rifle of mine.

I moved from Leupold many years ago to Nightforce but thought I'd give this new scope a try, its supposed to be delivered tomorrow so I'll let you guys know my opinion.

Anybody running a new MK5??

I'm running the 3.6-18, 5-25 and 7-35 MKV's. Super light, Great glass, easy to zero turret and set ZS. However I prefer the H59, and That's what I'm running in all of mine.
I have 2 3.6's on my Coyote rifles, the 5-25 on my 260 and the 7-35 on my 338 NM DT SRS-A2.

Thanks Skinny, how have they tracked for you??

This one is going on a MK13 300WM that will definitely get spun lots doing ELR. I took a NF Beast off it because I'm wanting more magnification because I'm getting old and my eyes are definitely not even close to what they used to be!

If this thing works out where I like it ill get one for my TRG42 338L also.

I hit the jackpot last week on H1000 so let the games begin!!

Skinny,

Do you have any issues seeing the reticle at 3.6X? I have been looking at these as well and am very interested in the 3.6-18X44 but I have always ran 2nd focal plane, and here in MO I will pretty much always have my scope on 4X-5X.

The VX5s have great reviews so I would assume the glass is similar on the Mark 5s as well.

Originally Posted By: jpr423Skinny,

Do you have any issues seeing the reticle at 3.6X? I have been looking at these as well and am very interested in the 3.6-18X44 but I have always ran 2nd focal plane, and here in MO I will pretty much always have my scope on 4X-5X.

The VX5s have great reviews so I would assume the glass is similar on the Mark 5s as well.

Sorry just saw this.
Yes the reticle is very very fine on 3.6, you get up to 5 and you can see it better. Mine is also illuminated which is not an aggressive lighting, it's a subtle glow only on certain points. Which solves the smaller reticle issue if you need to decrease mag for those lowlight hunts. During the day, you can't see the illumination at all.

I’m running one, and it is very good. The PR2 is fine zoomed all the way down, but is a very easy to use reticle that is intuitive. The elevation turret is good, and I really like their zero stop design. I also really like the covered windage turret. Glass is very good. My tracking is 100%. I would recommend the scope to anyone who asked.

Back