Eotech magnifier

I currently have an Eotech EXPS3 on my 6.8 SPC. I see well out to 100 yards with it, but would like to get out to a max of 150-200. Has anyone used a G33 magnifier or even the G43 or G45's? Do they provide the necessary magnification for deer/hog hunting or would an lvpo or other type of scope be better?

Last edited:
When I had mine several years back I used a primary arms 3x and it worked good for 200yds easily. I first had a 5x but didn't like it.

Originally Posted By: prairiefireI currently have an EOTech EXPS3 on my 6.8 SPC. I see well out to 100 yards with it but would like to get out to a max of 150-200. Has anyone used a G33 magnifier or even the G43 or G45's? Do they provide the necessary magnification for deer/hog hunting or would an lvpo or other type of scope be better?

I use a EXPS3-4 also and have the G33 magnifier which flips over to the side if necessary. The only downside is the weight. I have it mounting on a Daniel Defense AR15 Rifle and can shoot good out to 200 yards. My rifle range doesn't go any further than 200 yards. I have astigmatism, so I must watch out for that. Sometimes I see 2 vertical rows of 4 red 1 MOA dots in the sights. I had both eyes operated on to get rid of the astigmatism, but the operations didn't really work. It fixed my cataracts in both eyes. I can shoot pretty good if I use the right vertical set of dots. If I blink it sometimes removes the astigmatism in my right eye.

The EOTech system that I bought is the HS1 system. The EXPS4 is suppose to go up to 600 yards if you use the bottom dot. The top dot is for zero to 300 yards. Second Dot down is for 400 yards. 3rd dot down is for 500 yards. The G33 makes it easier to see these small red dots as they are only 1 MOA in size. Before my eye operation my right eye was much better as I wore contacts that got rid of the astigmatism. I don't shoot anymore as I hate cleaning that [beeep] thing and they put a [beeep] fence up around the rifle range so I have to carry my stuff a longer ways now and enter in the middle of the range though a gate where the IDNR people make you sign in and stuff. Before I could drive up to the 200 yard range and park right near it. Carrying my stuff to the shooting bench was much easier. And now I don't shoot due to health reasons. It's a 45 min drive to the rifle range.

Last edited:
Back