Vortex DiamondBack HP scopes on clearance

Euro optics has the Diamondback HP 3-12x42 on close out for $169. I ordered 2. Midway has the 4-16x42 on clearance for $199. I ordered one of these. They are really good deals givin the prices of everything right now.
The HP models glass was an upgrade from the Diamondback glass. They were a little more expensive than the regular Diamondback. I read somewhere that it has Viper glass but Diamondback internals. I'm not sure how true it is but they are decent scopes.

Edited to add that these are made in the Philippines. I know the regular Diamondback is made in China

Last edited:
I can vouch for this optic.

Is it top notch stuff, no.

However they are great hunting scopes. I've never had an issue with losing zero and they track well. Glass is an upgrade and I heard it's viper glass as well.

It's a good deal for a very solid hunting scope.

It's my understanding that the older scopes had ED glass. The newer ones I don't know! I know the older 3-12x had a side PA & they do have ED glass that is now used in the viper.

They say ED glass on the box and they have really clear glass. They also all have side PA. I bought 2 3-12s and a 4-16. All are great scopes. I mounted the 3-12s yesterday and the 4-16 today. If I could get away with spending more with out being killed I'd buy more.

Back