Blaine Eddy video Hunting and Skinning for Profit

DAA

Administrator
Staff member
Hey guys,

With permission from Blaine's son Ian, I've just put Blaine's video, Hunting and Skinning for Profit out on youtube.

[video:youtube][/video]

After seeing how many people are watching my old dumb videos, I thought Blaine's work really ought to be out there for people to continue to enjoy for years to come.

Hoping to find a working copy of Blaine's wildcatting video to put out there too. Neither Ian, or me, still have a working copy of it. If any one of you do, please give me a holler.

Thanks!

- DAA

Finally, a video that was informative and genuine with zero ego, no prostaff BS, no plugs for sponsers every other sentence or guys acting like they are SOCOM operators with 15k worth of kit in equipment. I don't know Blaine, never even heard of him but he's the kind of guy I respect and would liked to have known. I have a fond liking for no BS guys that are killers and get it done calling coyotes without matching camo or ghillie suits.

Watching that video took me instantly back in time and I remember like it was yesterday as a young kid in the late 70s and early 80s running a trap line in the day and fox hunting at night all the hard work involved and I loved every minute of it! I learned so much about life in those times and even though some of it was the hard way, I'd chose my childhood over the computer/electronic childhood that kids are entrenched in today.

Thanks for posting this and whats the story on Blaine for guys like me thats never heard of him?

Originally Posted By: crapshootAs I'm watching this video I can't help but wonder, does it irk you every time he calls a coyote "dog"?

I'm not so easily irked, anymore.

I'm really glad you guys are getting to see this stuff. I played a very small part in getting the DVD's put together for Blaine back when this was brand new.

Blaine was the coyote killingest man I ever knew. Stalwart, stalwart friend. Kind to my daughter, who adored him. Tough, capable, intelligent. Loved .17 calibers. Loved big overbore wildcats and running them hot.

I'm glad he was my friend.

- DAA

never heard a bad word about blaine eddy. i had heard of the video, but never got a chance to get a copy or watch one. after watching it, i wish now more than ever i could of. some darn good stuff in that video and would of made putting up my coyotes much more efficient.

dave, i remember hearing of blain's passing. seems as though he was a fairly young guy. can you mention what his age was and the cause of his passing?

thank you for posting the video. really enjoyed it.

Originally Posted By: crapshootAs I'm watching this video I can't help but wonder, does it irk you every time he calls a coyote "dog"?
I watched some of this video and noticed he used "dog" and "coyote" both when referring to this canine. I think some folks are too eager to find fault with others. Pretty sure we all know what is meant by his choice of words.

Originally Posted By: 22magnum22Originally Posted By: crapshootAs I'm watching this video I can't help but wonder, does it irk you every time he calls a coyote "dog"?
I watched some of this video and noticed he used "dog" and "coyote" both when referring to this canine. I think some folks are too eager to find fault with others. Pretty sure we all know what is meant by his choice of words.

Not my point in the question.
I know Dave holds Blane in high regards. I also know that people calling a coyote "Dog" is a pet peave of Dave. I was just wondering if it bothered Dave as much when someone he held on such a high pedestal used the term as it did when the average Joe used it.

Same difference these days. I just don't care about that kind of stuff anymore.

- DAA

Originally Posted By: steve garrettThe moment he started skinning that one at his house I swear I was smelling stinky coyote.

lol.gif
Same here.

Originally Posted By: DAAYeah, but I was enjoying the smell.

- DAA

Same here. Something about the smell of coyote or elk on my gloves that I like. I guess it's because it's the smell of success.

I remember skinning muskrats years ago and seems like you always had the smell of their guts lingering around and the the next day you would have a good fart and it smelled like like muskrat. Fond memories.

Unfortunately, still no leads on a copy of the wildcatting vid. I think one will turn up eventually though.

- DAA

I told Ian several years ago he should make some DVD’s of the video. This will work also. Ian is a great guy.

Nice. Always thought Blaine's video his was the best on the subject. He was a remarkable extemporaneous speaker on film, not allot of edits, basically shot in "1 Take". He certainly knew his subject matter.

AP

Originally Posted By: DAAHey guys,

With permission from Blaine's son Ian, I've just put Blaine's video, Hunting and Skinning for Profit out on youtube.

[video:youtube][/video]

After seeing how many people are watching my old dumb videos, I thought Blaine's work really ought to be out there for people to continue to enjoy for years to come.

Hoping to find a working copy of Blaine's wildcatting video to put out there too. Neither Ian, or me, still have a working copy of it. If any one of you do, please give me a holler.

Thanks!

- DAA

Back