My attitude or his??

pyscodog

I recently picked up another Sako rifle. Its an old one, maybe 59-60 vintage and wanted a scope for it. I don't want a big ol' clunker tacti-kool scoop as it won't look right on this rifle. I was wanting something close to period correct. There's a store in Tulsa, won't mention names, that restores old Redfield, Weaver and other brands of scopes, so I called. A lady answered and I told her I was looking for a somewhat vintage scope for my Sako. She asks What year was it made? A guy comes on and starts explaining to me that there wasn't many if any scopes made in 1959, then started telling me the history of Redfield, blah blah blah. I tried to tell him the scope didn't have to be 59 vintage, just something close that kinda matched the rifle. He proceeded to tell me that "If your going to try and talk over me this conversation would end right now." I let him finish talking, then politely thanked him and hung up. Later thought, you can take your scopes and put them where the sun don't shine and I'll keep looking. I wasn't trying to talk over him, just trying to tell him a perfect match vintage scope wasn't necessary. But I never got the chance.

I think you were completely in the wrong to expect someone with a retail business to act courteous and professional to a potential customer lol. JK, yeah he sounds like someone I'd NOT spend money with.

I wasn't going to deal with the guy but he's the only game in town. I went to his business today and they were pretty decent. I ended up buying a scope from them. I was wanting a vintage looking scope for a little Sako I had recently bought. A scope with a modern huge objective won't work on this Riihimaki. But he did have a reconditioned straight 10X Redfield so I ended up buying it. Maybe I just caught him in a bad mood??? He was OK today. Still a jerk but OK today.

When I went there, I talked with a lady and I assume an employee. They were both pretty nice people. No one seemed to have the attitude of whom ever I spoke with on the phone. As long as I don't have to deal with him I'm OK with that.

Back