Rock Island 45 acp

I had my buddy's here for a couple months about a year ago. He had bought it used and it wouldn't get through a mag with out jamming. I switched out the mag and it was great. I ended up going over it and changing out a few springs and some other things for him. Told him if he ever wanted to sell it to let me know.
Spoke to him a couple weeks ago, he had already sold it to somebody else. Oh well. It was a decent 1911. The great things about them is you can always upgrade parts.

I had one and wish I would not have sold it. Good gun and had no problems with it. It was surprisingly accurate. I have thought about buying another one.

I sold my Glock today and have been looking at the RIA's. If you do search's, you won't find much negative about them. I looked at the Tac II today and it looks like a lot of gun for the money. I was hoping I could get it in 9mm but not sure if its offered.

I just watched another video from Thunder Mountain Tactical on the RIA Tac II. Very impressive. 650 rounds without a single hick-up and very accurate. He said its a little on the heavy side but seems 1911's are anyway. But its all steel.

I have the RIA tact II in 9mm, I like it a lot, very accurate and mine feeds everything I have ever put through it. I don’t have any experience with higher end 1911’s as the only ones I own are the RIA and a ruger in 45 but I don’t think you can beat the RIA for the money.

I have the compact/officers model. Great pistol no cast frame or slide.
They are cut from bar stock. Good prices.

zawrlwZ.png

Last edited:
I'd like the Tac II or Tac II Ultra but in 9MM. Lots of 45ACP out there but not many 9MM. No hurry though, I'll find one one of these days.

I had one carried it for years on my ATV after I broke it in and changed magazines it fed anything and everything including shot shells. My daughter liked it and after she was diagnosed with cancer I gave it to her. See has since passed and her husband still has it. Ran thousands of rounds through it no issues. Great Pistols .

If had a RIA GI model for years. I’ve ran probably 1500+ rounds thru it with no issues. It’s been accurate, reliable and eats any ammo it’s fed.

I have a RIA 1911 A-1 in 45 ACP I bought in about 2008. It’s been gtg and I bought a stripped RIA frame from SARCO. I assembled the stripped frame using a Friend’s RIA take off parts and a few parts I bought from Brownell’s. I mated the RIA frame to an Advantage Arms Standard 22 LR conversion kit. My Brother bought a RIA 1911 45 ACP early this year and I really like it. A Friend has the RIA 10 MM and a 22TCM/9 MM combo 1911 which are good shooters.

I’ve been around a few other RIA 1911’s and they’ ve been gtg.

Last edited:
Back