277 sig fury

Haven't even seen it other than video's. To soon to pass any judgement good or bad. Sounded like loaded ammo is all that will be available to start with. Doubt it will be cheap either.

The military round will be hybrid brass with a steel case head running 80k PSI ( 135gr @ 3000 FPS- 16" barrel). Sig will release (future) the round with a reduced pressure with regular brass to the public...TBD

Ammo is out and available to the public. 135 gr. fmj.$29.99 box. 150 gr. ballistic tip $70.00 box. A bit much for hunting ammo. Rifles ( sig cross) are scarce chambered in .277 sig. Wait and see?

Last edited:
Theory has it this is one way to make military arms unavailable to civilians, by making the ammo for it scarce and or expensive and unavailable. Civilian version of the ammo sure, but not the good stuff that makes the rifle good.

CA knows all about putting the squeeze on ammo. No mail orders or private transactions without FFL, extra taxes and mandatory background checks yes for ammo, lead free regulations, quantity restrictions, etc.

That's a bummer for Cal. but they voted them in. The 277 looks good on paper to get that velocity out of a 16" bbl. I have the cross in 308 and it shoots well and is lightweight good for humping the mtns. I have seen exactly one Sig cross in .277 for sale in 2 years,doesn't look like they are racing to get them out to the public. Now that they have the military contract we'll have to wait and see.

Originally Posted By: topweldor1That's a bummer for Cal. but they voted them in. When you say stuff like that, just be aware that CA has more conservative gun totin' residents than the popululation of your entire state.

I mean, it's a bummer for USA but "they" (you) voted for Biden.

See how that kinda irks you?

No worries on my side, some of my best hunting buddies are from Merced. My skin is thick. apparently yours is tissue paper. Bummer for you big guy. atitude like yours doesn't promote anything but baby talk no action. That is why all this bs is going on. Enjoy your day.

Back