Baiting

It's nice that your horses are used to the gun shot. A lot would have been through a fence immediately after lol.

Good shooting

Originally Posted By: 204 ARIt's nice that your horses are used to the gun shot. A lot would have been through a fence immediately after lol.

Good shooting

It's a normal day in the woods for them
smile.gif
Though they don't normally walk into the frame.

They've even been known to point out and announce when critters that need shooting are in or around the pasture.

Good to hear you are still at it, Wildflights. For some reason my iphone doesn’t see embedded videos anymore without a link, so I couldn’t watch your video.

There is a male coyote that has been hanging around my cabin bait site area for a while. I have considered coming out of my summer retirement to try for him, but lately it’s been so hot inside the shack that hunting would be miserable.

So this guy has been taunting me for a couple of months now, and last night we finally met up. Sat down at 9:30 and he was on the ground at 9:38. There was a fox that came in and then turned to look behind and took off, with the coyote chasing him. Managed to turn on the Super Hogster video button and got the last half of the encounter, where he then ventured down to the bait area and snagged a paper towel that was soaked in bacon grease.

A minute or so later he returned. Had to thread the bullet in there a bit to miss the steel rod sticking out of a burn barrel in front of me. Front on shot and must have hit in the right spot as he went straight down.

DCJqbhR.jpg

bRFMVpu.jpg

Here's a daytime pic showing the bait area about 50 or so yards from my shooting area, with the burn barrel and poker stick that almost got in the way. The hound dog sniffing around is about 125 pounds for size reference.

YVKqS4K.jpg

Originally Posted By: DoubleUpNice work Burn. You squeezed that one in for sure. I was beginning to think the Georgia sun had gotten you.
smile.gif

LOL Thanks DU. The GA sun AND heat has been working on me pretty hard the last week or so for sure

Hey Burn, nice going. If you don’t mind (and to everyone), post a link to videos. My iphone no longer sees imbedded videos for some reason, and I view posts probably 98% of the time on my phone.

Originally Posted By: 6mm06
Hey Burn, nice going. If you don’t mind (and to everyone), post a link to videos. My iphone no longer sees imbedded videos for some reason, and I view posts probably 98% of the time on my phone.

Thanks 6

Here u go Sir

Nice! Looked like he put his head down just as the hammer fell. Did you catch him between the ears? What was the critter in the start of the video?

Good to see your still getting some action.

Thanks Gents.

Originally Posted By: wildflightsLooked like he put his head down just as the hammer fell. Did you catch him between the ears? What was the critter in the start of the video?

I believe that's where the entry was WF. Didnt notice that till afterwards and reviewing the video. It did a pretty good job - 60gr VMAX, AR 223. Those head-on shots seem to put 'em down pretty instantly as long as it hits in the right place. That critter was a possum feasting on the nightly portion of Ol' Roy dry dog food.

Pretty young coyote I believe. He's resting with a couple others down on the "bone pile" as I type...

Back