SLR Piston Kit

Kino M

Staff member
Any on you guys running an SLR piston kit on a precision AR??

I'm building an 18" SPR profile Xcaliber 5R barrel and was kicking around trying the piston kit but I'm concerned about accuracy. I spoke directly to them and they claim it will actually shoot better than a regular DI gun (which i find hard to believe).
Since I shoot suppressed it would really be nice to have a piston system and if I could get 3/4" or better I'd be happy.

I find that hard to believe also, but if it works out that way let us know. It would be nice to not have the gunked up brass and receiver.

I am running supurlative arms piston systems on 2 of my rifle length ars. Takes a little patience learning the system but in the end I would not look back. I found it was necessary to go to an adjustable buffer weight in order for it to cycle properly.It is much cleaner system and accuracy was not an issue.The buffer system will really do wonders on recoil
.Supurlative is all so an adjustable gas block that is needed if you run suppressed. Be cautious of what your inside hand guard measures as some handguards will not work. I really recommend supurlatives systems.
Good Luck Rick

Originally Posted By: lowholer1I am running supurlative arms piston systems on 2 of my rifle length ars. Takes a little patience learning the system but in the end I would not look back. I found it was necessary to go to an adjustable buffer weight in order for it to cycle properly.It is much cleaner system and accuracy was not an issue.The buffer system will really do wonders on recoil
.Supurlative is all so an adjustable gas block that is needed if you run suppressed. Be cautious of what your inside hand guard measures as some handguards will not work. I really recommend supurlatives systems.
Good Luck Rick

Thanks for taking the time to comment and your real world experience. As I said I'm running suppressed all the time so I'm simply wanting something that runs cleaner AND won't be detrimental to accuracy. I'd rather have a dirty, accurate rifle than a clean one that doesn't shoot!

What barrel lengths are you running and average group sizes?? Did you notice any difference in accuracy after installing or have they always been piston guns??

Kino M send me a private message and I will give you my ph number and I can answer a lot of your ? No my rifles were all normal gas systems I changed all 11 of them to suppurlative arms adjustable gas blocks several yrs back I went to a piston system 3 yrs ago on 2 of my rifles I would put them on all of them if I could afford it.My piston rifles are 18 in rifle gas length my barrels are not the best and they shoot awesome and some of that is because of hand loading.If there is a slite down side if you change loads bullit weight or powder charge you will have to re adjust thats how well they work Talk about your upper receiver stays clean as well as your bolt stays clean as well even after hundreds of rounds! Look to hear from you Rick

Originally Posted By: lowholer1Kino M send me a private message and I will give you my ph number and I can answer a lot of your ? No my rifles were all normal gas systems I changed all 11 of them to suppurlative arms adjustable gas blocks several yrs back I went to a piston system 3 yrs ago on 2 of my rifles I would put them on all of them if I could afford it.My piston rifles are 18 in rifle gas length my barrels are not the best and they shoot awesome and some of that is because of hand loading.If there is a slite down side if you change loads bullit weight or powder charge you will have to re adjust thats how well they work Talk about your upper receiver stays clean as well as your bolt stays clean as well even after hundreds of rounds! Look to hear from you Rick

PM sent,thanks

Back