Pulsar’s Talion XQ38

hawkeye58

Pulsar Talion XQ38 – Thermal Imaging Riflescope

Seems to be a lot of hype for this scope. Many dealers have a waiting list.
Local dealer is trying to steer me this direction.

Any thoughts?

Not many video's from the field to look at. Depends on what you want to spend. I would want to compare it to something else or hear comparisons from some that have. Has a 1450 detection range but not sure what recognition range is. If you can afford a 640 scope I would definitely go that route. Make a list of everything you want in a scope, FOV, LRF, recording ability, PIP, battery life and easy of changing it in the field, ranges you will hunt at, price you can spend, warranty, manufacturers stand behind product record, etc. Then start checking the boxes as you compare and this should get you close to where you want to go.

If you are looking for a reasonable scope especially for a bolt action rifle, this might be a great option. It appears it will sell for $800 less than the Thermion 2 XQ38. The Thermion also requires 30mm rings so there is an additional expense if you don't have them. Their specs are very similar with the Talion XQ38 having a little better battery life. Night Goggles has a few on order, so keep us in mind as PM sponsors.

640 scopes and scanners are awesome. However, if you aren't digitally zooming a lot and using base mag of 2.5x most of the time, a decent 384 scope works well for most people. If are wanting to shoot at higher magnification, then absolutely look into the 640 scopes.

I run a bolt gun most of the time and been thinking about this unit since most of my shots are around 75-100 yards. I like the idea of no internal battery. However, my trail is working great and I may stay with it until it craps out as I like my $$$$$$.

Picked one up this week. The very first thermal I have ever looked through. I seemed to pick up the menu and controls fairly quickly.

I mounted it on a Savage 93 17HMR with a Sig Arms SRD22X

It has been very hot and humid. Not sure how much this affects my image quality. I did dispatch a few small varmints at 75 to 125yds.

y5V1e7a.jpg

psh5Wyk.jpg

I like Pulsar’s video/ audio capability and the ease of changing the settings in the scope ! You don’t have to push 2 or 3 buttons to get where you want to be.
Some day all the other manufacturer’s will get caught up !!

Congrats on your new scope !

Back