6.5prc

I've built two of them. For all practicable purposes, it duplicates or slightly exceeds a 6.5-284.

1st one was set up as a LR plinker. Fabulous performance to over one mile without beating you to death with decent barrel life.

Sold that one and built a 2nd for LR hunting in a more portable rig. Kept it a year or so & sold it due to having it's twin in a 6.5-284.

Absolutely no downside.

140 Bergers at 3100 is nothing to sneeze at.

7Kop9Z5.jpg

6.5 PRC is kind of like the big brother of the 6.5 Creedmoor and much like the Creedmoor it has very good factory support.

The 6.5 PRC is nearly a ballistic twin to the 6.5-284 except the PRC requires a mag bolt face and works better in a short action where as the 6.5-284 has its best performance, especially with the 140 and up bullet weights in a long action.

I had some Cabela's points burning a hole in my pocket and bought a CA Ridgeline in 6.5 PRC awhile back. When I first got it I didn't have any dies for it yet and I was able to snatch up a few boxes of the Hornady 147 ELD-M ammo. I was pleasantly surprised when it shot that factory ammo in the .3's.

Is the 6.5 PRC the end all be all of the 6.5 world, no, but they generally shoot well, even with factory ammo, and they make for a nice setup in a short action.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: B236.5 PRC is kind of like the big brother of the 6.5 Creedmoor and much like the Creedmoor it has very good factory support.

The 6.5 PRC is nearly a ballistic twin to the 6.5-284 except the PRC requires a mag bolt face and works better in a short action where as the 6.5-284 has its best performance, especially with the 140 and up bullet weights in a long action.

I had some Cabela's points burning a hole in my pocket and bought a CA Ridgeline in 6.5 PRC awhile back. When I first got it I didn't have any dies for it yet and I was able to snatch up a few boxes of the Hornady 147 ELD-M ammo. I was pleasantly surprised when it shot that factory ammo in the .3's.

Is the 6.5 PRC the end all be all of the 6.5 world, no, but they generally shoot well, even with factory ammo, and they make for a nice setup in a short action.

This is solid info.
It's a great caliber, if you want to exceed the energy and ballistic performance of the 260 or 6.5 Creed. Here's a pic of my custom, with a CF Hardy barrel, a Rem 700 action and a Manners T5A stock.

48528249352_d105c4d973_h.jpg

Back