Fooled the Fooler

DoubleUp

I decided to give it a try tonight. Even though it was around 95 this afternoon, there was a good steady SW breeze tonight which kept the bugs down and made it pleasant outside. I kept seeing this coyote show up on a dirt pile over 600 yds. away. I was pretty sure it was a coyote because it was very nervous and would pop back up on the pile every time I played a different sound.

I finally found one she couldn't resist and she came on a string. I killed her at about 50 yds. just as she winded the call and turned to leave. It was a young female (probably last year's pup) that had not been bred this spring. It was a very gratifying hunt.

Nice shooting. When they turn like that, it is trouble. You didn't give it much time, and that was probably a good thing.

Thank you, Kirsch, I was trying to get some decent video with the Super Yoter and probably let her get too close. I knew she had winded the call when she turned, and I was ready to end her day. As I said it was very gratifying to pull her off that dirt pile from so far away and watch her coming all the way.

Based on past videos of yours, I don't think a "full head of steam" would have affected the outcome, maybe added a flip or skid at the end but that's all.

Perfect timing Owen ! Nice shot ! Good thing she smelled the call, I think you might have gotten run over, lol !

Back