CZ Recall

willy1947

vdMdQJN.png

Maybe they’ll bring them back. Sure would like to have a varmint 527 in 17 hornet. Not for $2k though like I’ve seen on GB.

Seems there is only three bolts/screws that hold the barrel in the receiver. After shooting, the barrel walks forward. I guess that mess's with the head space and KaBoom is next. So now you can send it in for repair or ask for a refund. Repair is permanently attaching the barrel to the action. I like the idea of just bringing back the 527 and 557 actions. Why reinvent the wheel?

Since that's a screenshot of my article over on Varminter.com, I'll add a bit more information. CZs first concerns were owners of these rifles swapping barrels, then not installing them properly, which would cause a headspace issue. As mentioned by pyscodog, CZ stated that even if you don't plan to change the barrel, you should send it in. However, when asked if you never plan to change the barrel, do you still need to send it in, CZ was very vague in their reply and only stated that you should still send your rifle in. I have a Model 600 Alpha in .224 Valkyrie and everything is functioning fine (it shoots great too). I checked my barrel and everything was locked down nicely, with no signs of movement. Sending it in defeats the entire reason for buying a CZ 600 at the price point they are being sold for. I'm waiting to see how the "fixes" go before I make my final decision.

It's really a shame, especially since the Ergo model are supposed to be available in the USA at some point.

Back