Serviceable 30 Cal Can

The Banish 30 from Silencer Central is not only a serviceable can but it's modular and can be run in either a 7 or 9 inch configuration. There may be others as well.

Originally Posted By: skinneyWhy are you wanting a serviceable 30 caliber suppressor?

the only reason i can think of is to be able to run bare lead projo's thru it and be able to keep it from turning to a lead bar over time.

otherwise i'm with you... why? just run some high power loads from a shorter barrel thru it once in a while to burn the schmoo (yes thats a technical term) out of it
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: skinneyWhy are you wanting a serviceable 30 caliber suppressor?

I cast my own lead cast bullets for rifles and if I run into a leading issue, I can clean it. Besides, I have a couple Ti cans and figured I'll get another that I can take apart.

Is there a reason why I shouldn't get a serviceable can?

Originally Posted By: TXCOONDOGOriginally Posted By: skinneyWhy are you wanting a serviceable 30 caliber suppressor?

There is if your running high velocity jacketed rounds, which you stated you are not.

Originally Posted By: skinneyOriginally Posted By: TXCOONDOGOriginally Posted By: skinneyWhy are you wanting a serviceable 30 caliber suppressor?

There is if your running high velocity jacketed rounds, which you stated you are not.

Correct, this will be dedicated to my subsonic loads mainly for range fun. I figured there was a reason.

The 175gr MK's you suggested has been the ticket for shooting targets/steel 1000 yds. Matter of fact, consistency has been so good it's not even a challenge unless the wind is 15 MPH plus with gusts.

Originally Posted By: TXCOONDOGOriginally Posted By: skinneyOriginally Posted By: TXCOONDOGOriginally Posted By: skinneyWhy are you wanting a serviceable 30 caliber suppressor?

Correct, this will be dedicated to my subsonic loads mainly for range fun. I figured there was a reason.

The 175gr MK's you suggested has been the ticket for shooting targets/steel 1000 yds. Matter of fact, consistency has been so good it's not even a challenge unless the wind is 15 MPH plus with gusts.

That's just awesome to hear! Keep us all posted on your sound suppression with your subs!!! I'm always interested in hearing about it... or in this case not "hearing" about it...
wink.gif

if you start powder coating those cast bullets... you should lessen the risk for leading significantly, if not completely. especially if you're using them for subsonic fun.

pretty easy to do, old toaster oven, wire basket and a tub or tumbler with some airsoft bb's to apply.

look up "tumbler powder coating bullets" lots of youtube vids out there. there are lists of powders that work exceptionally well for this. lost of folks buying from https://www.powderbuythepound.com/ using their 400* TGIC if i recall correctly.

hth

Back