Death in a 3" roll,,, 12 gauge reloads.

jetman

I'm quite confident things will die.
My normal coyote loads but with TT lead 21 caliber instead of lead F 22 caliber pellets. One and a half oz.
With the TT I get one extra pellet in a 3" roll crimp shell, that's 49 pellets. They book at 1400 fps with a load of steel powder. I got 21 hits on a 12X14 box at 40 yards, and I could see pellets hitting all around the box too.

12-bb-5.jpg

I did a 3" roll loaded with Lead bb 50 pellets and whatever the rest of the weight for a 1 1/2 oz load of #5 lead. I don't know what for sure I will shoot with them, but coyotes under the right conditions will be one maybe crane, too.
Book speed is the same and using steel powder worked well. 30 bb hits 51 #5 hits on the same size box at 40 yards, and as well a cloud of hits around the box.

12-5-bb.jpg

12-5-bb.jpg

I have tested the F loads at 75 yards with good performance an average of 6 hits on an 8" paper plate.

ON coyotes I have put pellets completely through ay 70 yards. I would guess I'll get about the same with the TT.
Now, what to shoot.
They ran through the Stoeger as fast as you can pull the trigger.
I was using my super choke .670 in the gun.

Last edited:
Interesting results, and thanx for sharing! Seems TSS isnt the only game in town to possibly reach effectively over 40 yds on yotes with a shotty, eh?

I load two ounce loads of number 4 buck they hammer coyotes.ive been wanting to try some of the smaller shot sizes.

Back