Glock Question

There was a shop in Tulsa that had an old beater pistol. The took a set of sights and glued them on the side of the slide. Called them "Ghetto Sights". Hilarious!

Best advice for glock owners is to trade them in for HK's!
smile.gif

Happy Belated birthday!

I just recently started to appendix carry with my Walther. I am seeing the advantage [beeep] that the HK P30 brings to the table.

Keeping your thumb over the hammer while reholstering makes a lot of sense to me.
Good luck!

Last edited:
Well, its not a Glock problem, its me. A young guy that's in training for the Marshall dept was there today and I ask him to shoot my pistol. He put 10 rounds in a bulls eye the size of a 50 cent piece. I shot and while I had a decent group, it was low and left just like before. I'm gonna figure this out or go broke trying.

Originally Posted By: pyscodogWell, its not a Glock problem, its me. A young guy that's in training for the Marshall dept was there today and I ask him to shoot my pistol. He put 10 rounds in a bulls eye the size of a 50 cent piece. I shot and while I had a decent group, it was low and left just like before. I'm gonna figure this out or go broke trying.

Have you tried dry firing and concentrating on the sights remaining fixed and aligned on a target? Finger touch (too much, too little finger pad) on the trigger can affect this. And is your gun hand wrist comfortably locked, and is your grip firm and stable on the gun?

Limp wristing isn't just about gun malfunctions. Are you sure the gun isn't "tippping" slightly to the left during the firing/slide movement phase? It doesn't take but just a little to cause the gun to shoot low and left.

This isn't rocket science. You should be able to easily figure it out without shooting all of the available 9MM ammo in Tulsa.
shocked.gif

Seems as though I have shot a million dry fires at my TV or the wall. I don't notice the sights moving off target. Its like I'm doing all the right things until I have live fire at the range, then I shoot left. Apparently I'm missing something.

I even called one of the local indoor ranges to see if they offered a training course. They told me they offered a 2 hour course but the first hour was on gun safety. Not trying to sound like a "know it all" but I've been through several gun safety courses and have a CCW. I also assist in firearms safety at my club. I tried to see if I could skip the safety part and they said no. I was hoping if I shot my pistol in front of someone they might be able to tell me what I'm doing wrong. Someone to slap me in the back of my head and tell me to quit doing that, Lol.

Not saying you are, but could you be anticipating the recoil/shot? If you’re not doing it when dry firing, but the issue still persist when shooting live, it makes me think this. Best thing I could recommend would be to get some snap caps and have someone load up a magazine mixed with hot and dummy rounds where you don’t know which is up. Then take slow deliberate shots trying to focus on control each round. Not knowing if it’ll fire or click may help show if you’re anticipating it if you flinch/push it on a dummy round.

Better results today although I had to work a skeet match and really didn't have a lot of time. But I loosened the grip on my strong hand a little and used a 12 o'clock point of aim and most of my shots were centered. A few were left but not much. Much better than before.

Originally Posted By: pyscodogWell, its not a Glock problem, its me. A young guy that's in training for the Marshall dept was there today and I ask him to shoot my pistol. He put 10 rounds in a bulls eye the size of a 50 cent piece. I shot and while I had a decent group, it was low and left just like before. I'm gonna figure this out or go broke trying.

When I first moved to a Glock, I had the same issue. Low left consistently. With a bit of practice, I can now dump a magazine within 6 inch circle at 15 yards pretty quickly. I own 2 G17's, 2 G19's, a G44, and a P80 Lipseys. I can shoot them as well or better than any other pistol and prefer them over everything. The Glock trigger is a very interesting mechanism as it doesnt feel like any other and takes some getting used to. As others had said, dry fire practice is useful and I usually do it on the couch while watching television. The Gen 5 trigger is certainly the best IMO from the factory, at least as Glock triggers go.

As has been suggested, dry firing will tighten groups but can be boring. Spice it up with a wooden pencil (but put a cardboard backer behind the target or expect a few dings in your door). Don't know why it wouldn't help you discover any errors you might be making w/your Glock.

Hold the pencil about a 1/4" away from the target and give it a "shot"
49739355138_fc4276be9f_c.jpg

I found that adding a couple of o rings on the pencil tightened my groups, a bit:
49740227447_b1cd52abf8_c.jpg

50996983743_f92f50833d_c.jpg

Experiment with the size of your aiming point & have fun!

Regards,
hm

Back