Christensen Arms

Predator Masters using UBB.threads ™ Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#3299052 - 05/12/22 08:54 PM Re: Glock Question [Re: hm1996]
alf Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: SW Wisconsin
Originally Posted By: hm1996
Get A 1911. wink lol

Finally, someone said it..... thumbup1

No plastic fantastic stuff around here.......

#3299055 - 05/12/22 09:40 PM Re: Glock Question [Re: pyscodog]
Dultimatpredator Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: Wisconsin
Just keep practicing finger placement and no slow squeezing as said above. I ordered a mako defense “knock off” red dot polymer mount to try on mine for long range shooting and hunting. If I like it enough I might get it milled or by a replacement slide that’s already milled for a red dot. It’s one of very few pistols I’ve shot that’s dead POA right out of the box. Never been a Glock fan till I rented a 20 last year. The rental 20 shot excellent. Never shot a 10mm before and the first four shots were all in one big 1” hole in the “x” at 18 yards. I got excited and pulled the 5th shot an inch left. It was enough to make me finally brake down and buy one a few weeks ago. Still not a big fan of no manual safety but I’ll get use to it. I have 8 pounds of green dot, 600 bullets, 8,000 large pistol primers, and a small rate flat box full of brass so I’ll get use to shooting it since I will have enough supplies to do so. I am Ordering a cast bullet hollow point mold and will be powder coating them as well. I added the second widest grip insert before I tried mine out. I have pretty large hands. The largest one fit my hand fine but I felt it taper down to the main grip. The size below it I didn’t feel the taper in my hand.

Edited by Dultimatpredator (05/13/22 01:17 AM)
Edit Reason: Spelling

#3299056 - 05/12/22 10:06 PM Re: Glock Question [Re: pyscodog]
GLShooter Offline
PM Sponsor

Loc: AZ
Well said Dulti. I actually carried a GLOCK on SORT/SWAT over the SIG I could have used. I much preferred the straight single action vs.DA/SA.

Greg

#3299058 - 05/12/22 11:26 PM Re: Glock Question [Re: pyscodog]
DW Hanna Offline

Loc: SE Idaho
Shooting low/left is normal for many early into their Glock ownership experience. The grip angle is a little different and the Glock doesn't have a 1911 trigger, never has, never will. That said, shooting a Glock well isn't that hard, it just requires some dedication and practice. Limp wristing is common, but not as big an issue as some make it out to be. A death grip is not a requirement.
For a good productive grip, hold the firearm comfortably with your shooting hand, now grip it with the support hand. Too often shooters try to put a death grip on it with firing hand. As the hand wraps around the grip, it tends to twist the firearm to the left (or right for those who are lefties) and pull the nose down. By holding with the firing hand and gripping with the support hand, that left twist is countered and the firearm points as it should. The next culprit is trigger control. Too much finger and the left twist is back. Use the pad of your finger, pulling straight rearward in a smooth steady motion rather than trying to stack the trigger will give you much better results.

#3299063 - 05/13/22 09:06 AM Re: Glock Question [Re: pyscodog]
GC Offline
PM Junkie

Loc: Missouri
This thread should greatly benefit a new Glock shooter. About 13 different methods of gripping and shooting a striker fired handgun have been recommended. Surely after trying six or eleven methods the new shooter will find something that works for them. smile

#3299072 - 05/13/22 11:28 AM Re: Glock Question [Re: GC]
pyscodog Offline
PM Junkie

Loc: okla
Originally Posted By: GC
This thread should greatly benefit a new Glock shooter. About 13 different methods of gripping and shooting a striker fired handgun have been recommended. Surely after trying six or eleven methods the new shooter will find something that works for them. smile

Thinking the same. unsure

Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution.

#3299075 - 05/13/22 02:05 PM Re: Glock Question [Re: pyscodog]
Winny Fan Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: Central Texas
it's just par for the course when you're on the internet. Sometimes cheap advice costs more than professional, paid for, experience and knowledge.

Some people think that they are quoting Einstein when in fact they are saying something that would make even Einstein say, "HUH?".

Ain't that right, Bill?

#3299078 - 05/13/22 03:35 PM Re: Glock Question [Re: pyscodog]
SlickerThanSnot Offline
PM senior

Loc: stuck in a fence
You ain't seen nuttin until you belong to a few off road/4x4 groups on face book.

gotta be some of the most ill informed, dumbest people in the world in those groups.

#3299083 - 05/13/22 05:11 PM Re: Glock Question [Re: GC]
TXCOONDOG Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: TX
Originally Posted By: GC

More than likely, someone will convince them it's the gun!

#3299085 - 05/13/22 06:56 PM Re: Glock Question [Re: pyscodog]
B23 Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: Pacific NW
I thought Glocks were all supposed to be held sideways when you shoot them. That's how they do it on tv and in the movies. smile

#3299086 - 05/13/22 07:33 PM Re: Glock Question [Re: pyscodog]
pyscodog Offline
PM Junkie

There was a shop in Tulsa that had an old beater pistol. The took a set of sights and glued them on the side of the slide. Called them "Ghetto Sights". Hilarious!

#3299226 - 05/17/22 06:10 PM Re: Glock Question [Re: pyscodog]
243kimber Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: madison county illinois
Best advice for glock owners is to trade them in for HK's! smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmnLA2DuYJs

Happy Belated birthday!

I just recently started to appendix carry with my Walther. I am seeing the advantage [beeep] that the HK P30 brings to the table.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmviBKE8o9Y

Keeping your thumb over the hammer while reholstering makes a lot of sense to me.
Good luck!

Edited by 243kimber (05/17/22 06:24 PM)
Sam Harris at Notre Dame. 'Morality and The Christian God'.
Do Not Fear Education

#3299287 - 05/19/22 03:32 PM Re: Glock Question [Re: pyscodog]
pyscodog Offline
PM Junkie

Well, its not a Glock problem, its me. A young guy that's in training for the Marshall dept was there today and I ask him to shoot my pistol. He put 10 rounds in a bulls eye the size of a 50 cent piece. I shot and while I had a decent group, it was low and left just like before. I'm gonna figure this out or go broke trying.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Infidel 762 

© Predator Masters™, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.