Final Destination

DoubleUp

I picked up this young male coyote last night hunting alone. He was trying to get around the call to get the wind, but he met his final destination before he got there. Range was 150 yds. Humidity was high with a thunderstorm coming. In fact, it was raining by the time I got back home.

Thanks fellas! Some people like music and some don't. Sometimes it's hard to find something that feels like it fits the video.

Originally Posted By: DoubleUpSome people like music and some don't. Sometimes it's hard to find something that feels like it fits the video.
Seems to always be a struggle to find music that fits.

Nice shot Owen !!
I’m really struggling to get them in right now. I would say it’s due to denning season but I see others still doing good. End of the month I will be walleye fishing again on Lake Erie till fall.

I keep watching for all these other scope manufacturers to catch up with Pulsar & have audio. I really like that feature !

Thanks Mick. Yeah it would be nice to have the onboard recording. I have my old mini dvr mounted on my helmet and can turn it on to get audio, but built in would be better for sure. My hunting buddy has a Thermion XP50 with the onboard recording, but it seems like the audio is weak. I don't know if there is a setting to up the recording loudness on it.

Originally Posted By: DoubleUpThanks fellas! Some people like music and some don't. Sometimes it's hard to find something that feels like it fits the video.

No offense to you or others that use background music, unless really soft and limited I will not listen. I miss out on several really good hunting presentation just because I don’t like the noise. I much prefer the quiet, just like it is in the field. There are a couple guys who put out some really good informative videos doing testing etc. they seem to like to hear themselves talk on and on, repeating the same thing over and over, I shut it off, but each to his own, their site they can do whatever they want

Thank you, Parson for you comment. As I said, some like it and some don't. Of course, it is easy enough to mute the sound, but then you miss the gunshots. I try to keep my music low and not overpowering like I'd be heading to a Rock concert. Maybe we should start a poll here if somebody knows how to do that of hunters who prefer music and those who don't. It would be a lot easier to do the videos without the background music. Thanks again!

DU,

You still using the RA 243 with 58 gr Vmax and Trial XP 50 combo? Regardless, nice shooting.

I enjoying watching everyones videos that I don't even bother with posting pics of my kills anymore!

There was music ...lol

No Sir, I haven't shot the 243 since about February of 21. I've been using my AR in regular 223 with a 16" barrel and the Banish 30 suppressor. I'm shooting 50 gr. V-Max at about 3,200 fps out of it. I still have the Pulsar Apex XQ50, but I've been shooting a Bering Optics Super Yoter since last October.

I really enjoy this rig and have been well pleased with the performance of rifle, suppressor, load, and scope.

I'm currently building a .223 bolt action with SS barrel. However, I love the 700 in 243 that I built on a trued action using the 75 gr Vmax. Being that I hunt in wooded areas, river bottoms, cutovers, and pipelines; I typically only get one shot so I very seldom predator hunt with an AR.

Back