Hammer Time

Thank you Joey. Did your season pick up any? I saw where you were having difficulty getting them out of the woods this year.

Nice shooting ! Nice to see your still after them. I’m just not getting them in right now, crazy weather is not helping.

Originally Posted By: DoubleUpThank you Joey. Did your season pick up any? I saw where you were having difficulty getting them out of the woods this year.

Just about half, we have had crazy wind & weather. You will be calling with the wind in your face ten minutes in it is in your back. I cannot complain I may have done better than others.

We've encountered the same thing, forecast will be for one direction, get setup, have one coming, and wind switches right into their face. But it has mostly happened with us with the wind falling out and then switching, and not so much with a steady breeze. I'm way off on my normal rate as well. Reckon just be glad to get what we've got.

Thank you week. One of the things I have found is that the 50 gr. v-max bullets give a lot more penetration at the speeds I'm shooting them out of a 16" barrel in a 223 than they do in a 22-250. I think it is probably the reason they have a bad name for splashing at those high speeds.

Back