Two sounds at once worth bothering with?

Well, my nightstalker experiment is turning out to be pretty short lived. I tried it on a couple stands and don't like it at all lol. It isn't even close in clarity or volume to the Revolt, I don't like the remote layout either. And I don't think the sounds, at least the several I tried, are even close to Ricky's. It's going back to Midway.

Originally Posted By: 204 ARWell, my nightstalker experiment is turning out to be pretty short lived. I tried it on a couple stands and don't like it at all lol. It isn't even close in clarity or volume to the Revolt, I don't like the remote layout either. And I don't think the sounds, at least the several I tried, are even close to Ricky's. It's going back to Midway.
Hmmm maybe you got a bad unit, I've tested the revolt and the outlaw (same as nightstalker) with the same sound (TT Den Raid) at 3 Meters with max volume and the outlaw was .4 dB's louder (118.4 dB vs 118.8 dB). While some of the sounds on the Icotec aren't the best but there are quite a few that are good.

Originally Posted By: ShortStackI've tested the revolt and the outlaw (same as nightstalker) with the same sound (TT Den Raid) at 3 Meters with max volume and the outlaw was .4 dB's louder (118.4 dB vs 118.8 dB). While some of the sounds on the Icotec aren't the best but there are quite a few that are good.

.003% louder. Hardly significant

I have played with a Nightstalker. I found the sounds to be poor, even the older Tebbe sound files.

I may have gotten a bad one, there's no way to know without getting another and I'm getting by ok with the unlit remote on the Revolt.

Hmmmm weird, while I would assume the revolt would have better sound compared to the nightstalker/outlaw due to the tweeter. The horn speakers are probably the same or very similar.
I don't know how much it matters in terms of volume and/or clarity but when playing the same sound I didn't really notice a difference. Although my outlaw is using li-ion pack that I made, maybe that has something to do with it...?
To be honest my shockwave has a more noticeable clarity/quality difference compared to the revolt or the outlaw. To be fair I only played a few sounds on the revolt and didn't really care for the remote, which is why I sold it. My Ouytlaw was a pinch louder, similar quality of sound, better battery life, and I liked the remote layout better.
I'm wanting to play with that new super revolt though.

Back