Not Pretty, But Lethal

DoubleUp

I killed this one last night right at 12 on my bait pile. Actually, according to the cameras, he was probably on the bait pile when I got home from calling, but we made a lot of noise unloading my bike and gear and he probably ran to the woods, and then returned a little before 12.

I decided to check the field before going to bed and he was there, but by the time I got ready to shoot, he had moved off a good way. I think he heard me open the window because I shoved it up pretty quickly and it made a popping sound.

I figured it might be another week before he returned again, so I decided to try the long shot. I think the shot would have killed him, but he got up and ran, so I shot him again in the rear, but he managed to keep going dead on his feet. I missed the next shot, but he ran until he got to a field ditch, and he couldn't cross it, so I had to drag him out of the water this morning. Here he is before I shot him and then in a few seconds he moved off to the next cut where I took the shot.

#47 by Double Up, on Flickr

Back