LD Roughneck versus FP x24 - results

Tjkiller

Disclosure- I've had multiple Foxpros and one Lucky duck. I currently run a Roughneck and a FP fusion as back up. My hunting partner has x24. We use both, directly compared both, and we agree on our opinions. These 2 are similar in price . The x24 is the highest end FP I've used.we use [beeep] and Rick's sounds, and some common sounds like from predator tactics and Tony tebbes that work on both.

Both remotes are excellent, FP x1000 is a tad better. Better made, better range , a little easier to use, less battery usage.

Both are big, similar in size. Draw.

FP x24 system works reliably. LD roughneck system can be a lil glitchy, shuts off now and again, one time started playing on its own, lil harder to get to play at range or when juice is low. LD eats batteries.

CS both companies no issues.

Roughneck undeniably sounds better and is louder. LD playesclear At high volume whereas x24 needs to be turned down to remove distortion, and it's not as loud at highest volume. That's our opinion compared side by side. I get more vocal responses to the roughneck, I feel it calls more coyotes. No data to back that opinion. The x24 sounds better than most other callers I've used, just not as good as the roughneck.

Overall- x24 is better built and functionally works better, built usa vs built China. But the roughneck sounds better and is louder.

Hope this helps some people, prolly piss some off each side.

Once again- not brand comparison, it's a comparison between these 2 models.

Any question hit me up.

I like my original CS 24 as it has 10 presets and a numeric key board so no scrolling needed.

The new X 24 with a built-in battery pack is out as I don't stay where I can recharge and again it has a scrolling remote

LD might be an option if I can ever get over disliking a scrolling remote.

Minaskas, Wildlife Technologies and FPs with the tx 500/501 remote work for me although the FP.has just too ,ugh crap on it, I do like the stand timer.

Back