Sounds for the season

snowangel

I was wondering what sounds to use for the current season. I have been out of the loop for a few years and am looking to get some hunting in. I am in western PA. TIA.

With it being breeding season, I am nearly 100& coyote vocals. Sometimes will start with a low volume prey distress to see if anything close. Been starting with female lone howl, then a pair, then group yipping, then serenade, then shut up for awhile before leaving. Maybe 3-5 minutes between sounds. To the group on here, that sound like appropriate approach?

Jerry I also live in NE OH and I've also eliminated the prey calls from my sequence as I believe 95% of those around here are running the basic 123 seq of Fem Howl, Rabbit, Pup Distress ..then airing their entire library...
I've had best luck at this time on pressured dogs using Group yips/rants to start. wait 5, go to Fem Invite, then Pup Answer Howl. I wait another 10-15 and if nothing I use Hail Mary of 3-4 crisp Barks.
1 place I hunted I've used just the barks alone to open and kill one at least annually there(Territory defending dogs..lol). Sometimes "survivors" will talk all night, but for me I learned provoking them was my answer on pressured dogs to come rather than have conversations..

What part of NE Ohio? I'm in Stark Co. Ya I rarely use rabbit because bet they tired of hearing it, focus on making them see who is in their area.

Back