Leupold VX3HD versus VX5HD

There is a wider power range and better glass from what leupold told me last year. Leupold upgraded my vx2 to the vx3HD last year. Sent three of them back to back with reticle flaws and the last one had the “leupold leap”. It wouldn’t adjust and then out of the clear blue the POA would shift a half a foot on its own. They switched me out with a VX5 2-10! I read they are having the same issues. Wouldn’t expect that on a thousand dollar suggested retail optic…or the $500 suggest retail 3 series either. I haven’t removed the 5 series out of the box to inspect it yet but will be in the next week or so. Great customer service but poor quality. I won’t buy any more leupolds just because I can’t trust them. I have ALOT of 20 plus year old Leupolds that work great. It’s the new ones that have issues. You can read about it all over the Internet. They use to make a great optic 20 to 30 plus years ago and imo are living off their established name now but quality has suffered. There is to much competition imo now so leupold im guessing cut corners on quality components to stay cost competitive with other optic manufacturers.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Terry LightleHave a VX5 HD 3-15X44 With duplex and firedot showing up any day now
I have three of those.....Imma fan......

bqw8pYn.jpg

Back