Form 1

Usually form 1's are good bit quicker on the approval than a Form 4 in my experiance. But still longer than we as shooters would like.

Just finished up my very first Form 1. Been waiting 4 days for the site to be back online.

My God, you'd swear you were on dial up as slow as that site is when it is running.

Now, my form has been validated, but won't take my credit card to pay.

What a cluster flock........

I did a Quiet Bore 30 for my 6X6.8 I did clip the cones. I'm real happy. I did a write up over on LRH.
It was a very pleasant journey except for the lack of communication with Quiet Bore. There email don't work. BTW 22 days on my Form 1.

Originally Posted By: flowjI did a Quiet Bore 30 for my 6X6.8 I did clip the cones. I'm real happy. I did a write up over on LRH.
It was a very pleasant journey except for the lack of communication with Quiet Bore. There email don't work. BTW 22 days on my Form 1.
I'll have to go over there and read it.

I've looked at their kits, but I want to do a Ti tube.

I'm scared the holidays are going to put a crimp on a 3 week approval, but a guy can wish.

I have a threaded 22lr and 9mm pistol, would the QB 9mm work for both? I want to be able to disassemble for cleaning. Form 1 looks interesting for a 22lr can option.

I bought a Quiet Bore kit. Their parent company is Creative Arms LLC. They actually make and sell suppressors. They know what is legal and what's not.

What is legal and what is not is being rewritten every day by the atf and the government. Im not claiming g whats legal and what's not. Just putting information out there.

Originally Posted By: pyscodogIf I don't ask, I won't know........what is/does clipping the baffles do?
It directs gasses that knock the main flow of gas off the direct line through the can which increases the time the gas spends in the can, which in turn increases sound reduction.

FruSWfb.jpg

Thank you Sir. Now I learned a little bit more!! Do you stagger/offset the clipped cones or does it matter?

Last edited:
I originally answered your question with a basic response, but found a better response when looking for the pic, so I stole both......
smile.gif

I have all my parts & pieces to build my 1st Form 1 can, but still waiting on the permission slip. In the mean time, I've spent countless hours researching the ins & outs of building one.

The consensus is to align the clips at 12:00 o'clock.

Back