Sightmark Wraith

Dogdownohio2016

Found one on sale at a LGS and debating on getting one. Any con's with these other than the IR light? Just need something basic for the occasional calling/hunting and 300yard shots. Probably end up putting it on a cheap bolt action if possible.

I have the 16x one, like you said the light that comes with it is junk but with an upgrade it’s not too bad, I can see 300 with mine but I usually won’t shoot past 200.

I run a Streamlight supertac in a high weaver 1" ring(couple wraps of Gorilla tape around the tube) and the factory light. Way better, easier to focus the Wraith. And you do need to focus(objective) for best aiming. The Super tac is a much better longer range IR. The factory light I set middle of the beam adjustment, for a wider IR help, inside 100 yards. I also have the 2-16, my buddy has the 4-32, it's a toss up,slight edge to the 4-32.

I use a factory IR out to 100yds with excellent results. Never used it beyond this. For the price, you cant beat this setup to get your feet wet in the night game. I have the 4-32 . Only complaint is that i wish it had a bit more FOV.

The factory IR works better if you can mount it forward and under the barrel. Like under the gas block on an AR. Focusing the Wraith also will increase the quality of the IR illumination.

Can these be used with out the IR illuminator? I live in MA and we are limited to short range weapons at night .22 LR or shotguns for long guns and .38 or smaller handguns. Plus the cover is very tight so a long shot is not common.

Back