Crush washers

isu22yote

Do you guys run a Crush washer on your AR with a surpressor ? Or Just thread it tight ? Im always worried about mine backing off the threads and shooting while its loose and have never used a crush washer .

Never use a crush washer with a direct thread can.
The other type washer that will help, in preventing the can from loosening is the wavy washer. Do not confuse this type of washer with a split ring common washer.
link belmetric.com wave washer You will not be able to adjust the can for POI.

NEVER use a crush washer whether it be direct thread or QD mount.

Many suppressor makers warn against the use of crush washers as they do not crush concentric. When I first got into suppressors I didn't know any better and had a very minor end cap strike.

Always use shims if you need to time a brake or FS.

and if you're worried about a QD mount coming lose - thats what rockset is for
smile.gif

I use a couple wraps of teflon pipe tape on the threads. Never had it come loose. I have also used blue loctite and that worked good too.

I use a small oring on the barrel. I screw my can on hand tight and have never had it work loose.I know some people claim using an oring can cause issues but that has never been my experience. This works on my 30 and 22 cal cans.

Originally Posted By: ttedb3I use a small oring on the barrel. I screw my can on hand tight and have never had it work loose.I know some people claim using an oring can cause issues but that has never been my experience. This works on my 30 and 22 cal cans.

Your lucky, this is another don't do....

Originally Posted By: OakhillI use a couple wraps of teflon pipe tape on the threads. Never had it come loose. I have also used blue loctite and that worked good too.

No to pipe tape and no to blue Loctite.

Back