Piglet Distress call?

Best hog caller on the market is the Convergent Hunting Solutions HP Bullet and with their sounds that Glen Guess and Byron South put together are amazing! I've called in hundreds of hogs with that caller.

Originally Posted By: jim87formulaBest hog caller on the market is the Convergent Hunting Solutions HP Bullet and with their sounds that Glen Guess and Byron South put together are amazing! I've called in hundreds of hogs with that caller.

Thanks. I`ve seen it and can certainly believe that it`s the best on the market. Pretty dear, though, when it comes to price. I`m hoping for something less in price, particularly considering the frequency of my hunts and probably the pig population where I`d be hunting. If I was somewhere where there were " hundreds of hogs" I`d probably invest.

Check out their sidewinder caller it's around $140. Only down side, it's not as loud and it mounts to your gun so the sound comes from right where you're at.

Not sure what your budget is but that HP Bullet is no joke, I've called in more coyotes than my FoxPro.

Does Glen sell the sounds alone so they can be downloaded on a caller you already have?

Originally Posted By: TurkeytiderAnyone aware of a good one, either hand held or electronic? Many thanks for any input.

I bought the Convergent Bullet caller a few years ago so I could get access to the Glenn Guess calls. It's just a bluetooth speaker that syncs up with the Hog Pro app from Convergent so if you get the app and can purchase the Glenn Guess calls I assume you can run them through any bluetooth speaker. They also have an app for calling coyotes so you can use it for that also.

https://convergenthunting.com

You need to watch some of Glenn's videos on hog calling to get an idea of what it's all about.

That being said calling hogs is a hit and miss proposition. I have had some sporadic results calling in hogs at night but I can tell you it's a blast to see one coming in hard to the call. However, most of the time they will come in somewhat wary and I can also tell you that if you are in heavy cover you might get a surprise. I have had them pop out of thick cover 10 to 15 yards away.

I have only tried calling at night but I plan to add day calling soon and see how it goes. I also bought a couple of hog decoys just for the heck of it.

Just a few weeks ago I killed a boar on a feeder and I knew there were other hogs around so I waited about 20 minutes and started calling with a Glenn Guess sound. After about 3 minutes I heard a large hog start vocalizing about 20 yards away in thick cover. I positioned my thermal scope on the source of the sounds and a few seconds later a large sow sticks her head out and freezes. I shot her with my 6.5 Creedmoor and she carried the round about 30 yards and died.

W8tF30d.jpg

Here is one I called in. You can see how tentative he is coming in. I had to rush the shot because he was trying to get downwind of the caller and I was on a crosswind setup and was going to get winded any second. It looks like a miss but we found the hog about 40 yards away.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: GCDoes Glen sell the sounds alone so they can be downloaded on a caller you already have?

Good question, I haven't seen any of his sounds available to purchase and not sure if he's even producing sounds much anymore since he left Convergent. I'd hope he's still in the game and he'll release some new sounds.

Back