Super yoter issues

I don’t know anything about their operation but I’m getting the feeling that they don’t have anyone stateside that would be able to fix the issue. I’m interested to see what they do if they can’t correct it. Hopefully a refund. I doubt it though. I’ll bet they credit you towards other models of theirs.

Originally Posted By: varminter .223They are having the same issue. They are waiting to see what becomes of mine.

I guess I'm not understanding completely, I understand they are having the same zero shifts as you but did they go through the extensive testing you did and did they send theirs back??

For over 4k if my scope was giving me trouble I wouldn't wait for anyone to see how things turned out and Berings phone would be ringing daily until they agreed to fix it or compensate me.

Your very fortunate to have another scope to continue to hunt with but most guys don't and with equipment gone or not working properly cost you days of the season that you simply can't ever get back. I look at new moon cycles as very precious time that doesn't last long and spaced out a month apart. I do most of my hunting during those times and if a scope is gone only 1 of those periods I've lost about 1/5 of my whole season.

I'm curious to see how Bering handles it from here along with your buddies issues. Thanks for the updates as I'm "one of those" Bering owners that is following.

Originally Posted By: ToroI don’t know anything about their operation but I’m getting the feeling that they don’t have anyone stateside that would be able to fix the issue. I’m interested to see what they do if they can’t correct it. Hopefully a refund. I doubt it though. I’ll bet they credit you towards other models of theirs.

Not completely sure but I thought maybe Kirsch said they was serviced here in the US and that was one of Berings advantages over like AGM or others?? Maybe he knows and can clarify.

Mine has shifted a little once but hasn't given me any trouble at all since I rezeroed and I've checked it several times so I'm not exactly sure what my issue was. When I went out west I checked my zero as soon as I got there and shot the same zero in North Dakota as here in Indiana. My range is about 570' in altitude and Bismark area is about 1700'

One thing I've noticed is it seems everyone here with a yoter has seen some kind of a shift where, "they're not sure what went on". Likewise at least some of the hogster users have seen this too.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Kino MNot completely sure but I thought maybe Kirsch said they was serviced here in the US and that was one of Berings advantages over like AGM or others?? Maybe he knows and can clarify. Bering absolutely does provide service for their full line up of products and the service is done in the US. They don't manufacture every part themselves, nor does any thermal manufacturer. However, being able to service something and knowing what is causing the result V223 has reported can be two totally different things. V223, I am sorry you have experienced issues with your Yoters, but saying that Bering doesn't have people Stateside who can perform service simply is not true.

Talk to the dealer you bought the Yoter from and get them involved.

Originally Posted By: Kino MOriginally Posted By: varminter .223They are having the same issue. They are waiting to see what becomes of mine.

For over 4k if my scope was giving me trouble I wouldn't wait for anyone to see how things turned out and Berings phone would be ringing daily until they agreed to fix it or compensate me.

After the $10k N-Vision fiasco I went through, I'm a little more patient with Bering

Somebody told me I made a mistake when I bought a Bering. My response was "Maybe, but a $4.5k mistake won't hurt near as bad as the $10k one did.

Last edited:
Thanks Kirsch, I thought I remembered somewhere I seen you write that.

As for the Super Hogsters shifting, that's the first I've heard of it being a widespread issue as well. I've owned 2 and still have one and zero issues with both. My hunting buddies that I hunt with (3 different guys) have no issues of shifting.

One of my buddies did have the front (zoom) button quite working a couple weeks ago. Getting it fixed was nothing more than a call to Bering for a return and about 10 days later they had him fixed.

Lost my front cap on my 35 a few nights ago , called Bering up and talked to a lady who took my name and address and said we’ll ship one out in the morning. No charge.

Originally Posted By: KirschOriginally Posted By: Kino MNot completely sure but I thought maybe Kirsch said they was serviced here in the US and that was one of Berings advantages over like AGM or others?? Maybe he knows and can clarify. Bering absolutely does provide service for their full line up of products and the service is done in the US. They don't manufacture every part themselves, nor does any thermal manufacturer. However, being able to service something and knowing what is causing the result V223 has reported can be two totally different things. V223, I am sorry you have experienced issues with your Yoters, but saying that Bering doesn't have people Stateside who can perform service simply is not true.

Originally Posted By: KirschOriginally Posted By: Kino MNot completely sure but I thought maybe Kirsch said they was serviced here in the US and that was one of Berings advantages over like AGM or others?? Maybe he knows and can clarify. Bering absolutely does provide service for their full line up of products and the service is done in the US. They don't manufacture every part themselves, nor does any thermal manufacturer. However, being able to service something and knowing what is causing the result V223 has reported can be two totally different things. V223, I am sorry you have experienced issues with your Yoters, but saying that Bering doesn't have people Stateside who can perform service simply is not true.

Fwiw I don't recall ever saying Bering doesn't have anyone state side to service these. All I know is when you send one in for repair it goes to California.

I've talked to my dealer multiple times. As a matter of fact he inquired if I received a return call the other day. I thought I had the ball rolling with Bering Tuesday but apparently not.

Last edited:
Called Bering again just now. They forwarded me to the same guy I talked to but after being on hold it put me through to his voice mail so I left a message.
sneaky2.gif

I will say when I had issues with Pulsar I never had to go through a dealer.

Last edited:
V223, I simply cannot wrap my brain around how two different guys you hunt with are just "waiting to see how it turns out" with your struggle and their own issues. Maybe I've missed something and they as well are in contact with Bering but if they are simply waiting for you, I just don't understand how that helps any if you all in any way??? They also spent in excess of 4k and I can't think of any of my friends that would wait for me and basically do nothing. If they are simply riding your coattails I'd be on their a$$ to help themselves and you out and get with Bering to get something done.

This thread alone has almost 20 pages for goodness sake and has drug on since your original post of 12/03, that's over two months with no closure! Thats over 2 months of three guys running "defective " scopes with "issues"!!

If like you say you guys have now had 4 different Yoters and they all shift i would think that maybe you might get better/more results if all three of you guys was communicating with Bering to prove your cause instead of only you??

Again maybe you guys are but its a suggestion if your not. It would also help prove your theory of a bad batch from the same dealer??

Anyway, hopefully you get it resolved soon as well as your buddies, please let us know how this pans out.

Originally Posted By: Kino MV223, I simply cannot wrap my brain around how two different guys you hunt with are just "waiting to see how it turns out" with your struggle and their own issues. Maybe I've missed something and they as well are in contact with Bering but if they are simply waiting for you, I just don't understand how that helps any if you all in any way??? They also spent in excess of 4k and I can't think of any of my friends that would wait for me and basically do nothing. If they are simply riding your coattails I'd be on their a$$ to help themselves and you out and get with Bering to get something done.

This thread alone has almost 20 pages for goodness sake and has drug on since your original post of 12/03, that's over two months with no closure! Thats over 2 months of three guys running "defective " scopes with "issues"!!

If like you say you guys have now had 4 different Yoters and they all shift i would think that maybe you might get better/more results if all three of you guys was communicating with Bering to prove your cause instead of only you??

Again maybe you guys are but its a suggestion if your not. It would also help prove your theory of a bad batch from the same dealer??

Anyway, hopefully you get it resolved soon as well as your buddies, please let us know how this pans out.

One guy has been working a bunch and lives a couple north of me and has only been able to hunt a couple times this year and hasn't had a chance to really test it on the bench but has seen shift off of his pod.

The hunting buddy of mine that has seen issues with his is neck deep in k5 blazer build and LS swap that makes a Yoter seem cheap. He hasn't hunted much this year and I think more scope headaches and a slow start this season coupled with the Blazer project are all part of the cause. He's just kinda fallen off the bus.

I've put a lot of time and effort into testing my thermal scopes. If I wasn't self employed and could take the time to test and didn't have a rifle range in my yard I'm not sure how well I would be able to test them. It would be a nightmare to have to drive somewhere to test this stuff.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: varminter .223I will say when I had issues with Pulsar I never had to go through a dealer. you don’t have to go through your dealer but are seemingly asking for suggestions and my suggestion is one of your dealer’s roles is to assist you. You bought the scope from a dealer and not directly from Bering Optics.

At this point I'm not so much asking for suggestions but rather making it know to anyone who is about to dump a fairly large sum of money into a thermal scope what they might be getting both in the product and customer service. I'm guessing mine is not the only one shifting and these problems aren't gonna go away until until the manufacturer knows it and start to hear about it.

Competition and the free market system is what drives manufacturers to improve their product and product prices.

This thread is to inform potential consumers of a product which serve as a bit of the freemarket system.

Last edited:
Got a return call from the Bering tech that I left a message with. He said Boris thought an inch or an inch and a half might be the best the unit will do taking into account the pixels and the pitch yada yada yada thermal lingo. This is what I was told earlier by Boris. I explained to him it was a 2.75" shift and it didn't track because I believe it is shifting as I am adjusting and it turns into a chase. He said no it shouldn't do that. I got fairly blunt and told him it's called a Super Yoter and it doesn't hold poi good enough for coyotes especially out to 300 yards. I asked him what I need to do to get my money back because it isn't a usable piece for what it is intended. He said he would talk to accounting have them contact the dealer and get things moving. I told him that I really want to like the scope and that it would be an awesome piece of it would just hold zero and he offered to either send another replacement or move forward with the refund. I explained it was the end of our season and given what I've seen the best thing to do was get a refund. We discussed the new models a bit and I thanked him. He seemed to be a super nice guy that really wanted to help. I'm kinda disappointed that I won't end up with an accurate scope instead but I will step back and reevaluate things. Hopefully the refund process goes well.

Last edited:
Thanks for the follow-up, IMO not sure how a company could be more receptive to taking care of its customers, kudos to Boris and Bering.

Kind of disheartening to hear that the scope won’t hold zero by design but I am very glad to hear that they are gonna stand behind their warranty and take care of your problem. As long as everything goes smooth will the refund, I would call that good customer service and would continue to do business with them again.

Originally Posted By: ToroKind of disheartening to hear that the scope won’t hold zero by design. I have to interject a bit. I am not trying to take this thread back down the rabbit hole that has been going for over 10 pages. I totally acknowledge V223 has done his part in testing and from everything I have seen has an issue. However, this post saying the Super Yoter inherently won't hold zero "by design" isn't any truer than saying all thermal scopes inherently won't hold zero by design. Per what V223 described of the conversation, Bering appears to be talking about the science behind thermal engineering and the value of a pixel. As I wasn't on the call, it is an assumption. This information is not unique to Bering thermals as it applies to all thermals.

V223's unit, yes, but not "by design" on all Super Yoters or Bering thermals.

Originally Posted By: ToroI don’t know anything about their operation but I’m getting the feeling that they don’t have anyone stateside that would be able to fix the issue. I have to apologize to V223 as I responded to this post and said V223 had said this in an earlier post. After reading this thread again, I see it was not V223. To reiterate, Bering Optics service is done in TX or CA depending on the model and what service is needed.

I will be the first to admit. I know basically nothing about the science of thermal scopes. And I don’t mean this in a argumentative way but there are thermal scopes that hold zero. So I can’t see how this could apply to all thermal scopes. If it did then why do some hold zero and others can’t. As a lay person, I should logically think that’s it’s the design of this particular scope. That is why I used the those terms. That just makes sense to me.

The bottom line in my opinion is that they told him inch to an inch and half shift could be expected. I credit them for that. I wish I knew that before I bought one but I give them credit for not acting like the concerned consumer is wrong and feeding him a bunch of excuses when they know it’s to be expected from the product. Even though it took months to get that information. They are offering him a refund and that’s great. I mean that sincerely. Most companies probably wouldn’t.

As for my other comment about them not having anyone stateside that really knows what’s going on. I didn’t say they didn’t. I said I have a feeling they don’t and this is because it took them this long to just tell him the scope poi moves. The guy went months without an answer when based on thermal scope science it’s common.

And apparently I might be right. They can’t fix the issue. Only people that can fix the issue are ones who DESIGNED or developed it. I don’t know their country of origin ( and really don’t care) but it is apparent that they don’t work at bering otherwise they would fix it.

For that kind of money there should not be a poi shift. I am not satisfied with it. It’s good enough to get me through the season but I will be sending mine back in the spring. Hopefully they find a way to fix it but it doesn’t sound like that is gonna happen.

I have a 25 hogster and it’s been rock solid. I’m not knocking Bering but I am saying that I would not have purchased this scope had I known there was an expected or manufacturer acceptable poi shift.

I know some of you understand the technology. I don’t. If you would take the time to explain it me I would listen.

Nothing I wrote was meant to be nasty or in angry way. All I’m say is the scope can be expected to shift poi (which is not acceptable in my opinion) and no one at bering can fix it. I would still buy another bering product but next time I will wait until the jury comes back.

Great post Toro and I agree with you 100%. For $4700 MAP price, the optic shouldn't shift, period IMO. If they can produce a scope that has proven to not shift at a lower price than they should be able to on the Yoter.

If I'm understanding this correctly, Boris is saying that 1"-1 1/2" shift is acceptable/expected in some units and IMO thats unacceptable. Had I known this I wouldn't have gambled 4k plus on getting one that doesn't shift that much!

Obviously I wasn't part of the phone conversation either but if what Boris told V223 about expected POI shift is up to 1 1/2" then he is correct that it is inherently unreliable by design. If thats how its designed and those are the expectations/specs than I gotta disagree with you on this Kirsch, holding zero of a scope should be #1, and thats for ALL produced, not some.

All that said I feel I got a good one. I did have a little shift but I don't exactly know why. Mine doesn't track exactly what the values should be but I have no issues getting it zeroed. I've killed many many many coyotes with it this year and its always been "minute of coyote" when I needed it and I've shot some groups with it that would rival many guys shooting daytime scopes.

Back