Two blocks off Main Street

pyscodog

Setting here ALL DAY waiting on Big Brown to deliver my new barreled action and I walked over to my door just to look out. I live two blocks off Main St and have an empty lot across from my house. I see something that resembles dogs so I grab my binoculars for a look and its two of the mangiest coyotes I've seen in a long time. I've seen coyotes there before but not in a long time. Man these coyotes look bad. If only a few miles farther out, I could fix their problem. I'd have cops here before the smoke cleared if I tried to shoot them this close to town.

Don't you just hate that feeling of helplessness? I feel for ya.

Silenced 22, subsonic hollow point to the cranium. Naw, I couldn't even risk that in town lol. Sucks being in a populated area.

My street is pretty busy also. Its a main road in and out of town. I'd have to time my shot in between cars going by. LOL, doubt that would be a good idea. Sure tempting though. We just had a pretty big snow storm move into the area. With no more hair than they had on them they will be lucky if they survive.

A lower powered gun, deep inside the house with the open window would ‘absorb’ much of the sound. Of course for safety, ensure nobody or a pet is about to walk in front.

To go further in my example, I’d use my 17 HMR with the 20 grain power-point bullet. Not the best coyote option, but he won’t be back after a good hit. One shot only.

I don’t know your exact particulars, not worth getting in trouble over a mangy coyote either.

Another option, call the law. Even police in some areas will dispatch sick/mangy, excessively bold coyotes.

There was a sick coyote at my small airport last Summer, mid day, no fear of people. I brought it to attention of management
, never saw the coyote again.

[beeep] shame. but for safety reason is probably just not worth the risk.

trust me.. i'd be thinking the same thing you are lol

"hmm... i only wish"

Well winter didn't get one of the coyotes. Looks like a car did. I live on a busy street and one didn't fair to well with the cars. He/she is dead on the shoulder. I guess its still better than freezing to death. Haven't seen the second one so who knows???

Back