New toy, way out in left field on this one

jetman

I recently acquired a Ruger Blackhawk in 45LC.
This gun is like new It came with two boxes of shells that are mostly full, there the only time it has been shot. the 45acp cylinder has never been put into the frame. I already have molds for 193, 223, and 250 Grain .452, and a sizer.452. I have blue dot, red dot,2400 powders, and plenty of large pistol primers. I found a 100 ones fired brass. Looks like all I need dies.
I'm a horrible pistol shot I have a 22 semi-auto pistol I shoot a lot, just not very successfully. I also have a red dot holographic sight that goes on to a Picatinny/Weaver rail. Is there an adaptor plate/mount I can put on where the rear sight is on the pistol?
I found one maybe it is a Burris, but it looks like I need more stuff to make it work.
https://www.opticsplanet.com/v/410332-burris-fastfire-mounting-plate.html
Ideas, I don't want to have to drill new holes.

Originally Posted By: GLShooterHere you go.

MOUNT

Greg

Not saying you are wrong, but the following is under the top photo:

"PLEASE NOTE:
Not compatible with the .45 Colt Caliber or 30 Carbine"

I had a 45lc bisley blackhawk years ago. It was a blast to shoot. Get you some 296 powder and some 300gr xtp bullets and load er hot! Look at Silhouette load data.

Originally Posted By: DannoBooneOriginally Posted By: GLShooterHere you go.

MOUNT

Greg
Not saying you are wrong, but the following is under the top photo:

"PLEASE NOTE:
Not compatible with the .45 Colt Caliber or 30 Carbine"

I guess I should have read the disclaimers. At one time B-square made one. Not sure if they are still available.

Greg

OpticsPlanet has a consumer rating of 1.4 stars from 92 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about OpticsPlanet most frequently mention customer service, credit card and day shipping problems. OpticsPlanet ranks 136th among Outdoor Equipment sites.

I've bought quite a few items from them over the years. Sometimes the shipping was slow but I did get the items. I only go to them if I have to.

Greg

I ordered LEE 90359 .452 DIAMETER 300 GRAIN 2-CAVITY BULLET MOLD C452-300-RF $35 Free freight on eBay.
I also ordered Weigand Combat Scope Mount Compatible with Ruger Blackhawk scope mount for my red dot.

I have 150 pounds of bullet lead from a range to cast, It's hard lead, and gas checks.
Red dot powder, green dot, 2400 and CCI large pistol primers, and 180 once fired brass, asst headstamps.

It looks like in a week or two I'll have target pictures.

The Rail I ordered fit perfectly.
The dot I had fit perfectly.
It would be perfect if it was black.
Going in the morning to see if it works.
PS
The 300 gr mold came today the checks will be here Monday.

45-c.jpg

45-c-a.jpg

45-c-b.jpg

45-c-c.jpg

45-c-d.jpg

I had a similar optic. Don't remember the brand but I couldn't see the ret in full sunlight. Hope you don't ruin into that.

I had the "dot" on my Stoeger 3500 and in dright light pointing toward the sun yes I could not see it. But hunting coyotes with it I never had a problem seeing it in any direction. I went back to a beed on the shotgun so That's how It will end up on the Ruger.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 6724Its a single actin revolver, anything but iron sights is sacrilege.

should we all only use homemade blackpowder too? collect our own sulfur from the wild, make our own nitrate from outhouse pits? because its a single action 45 colt revolver, anything else would be sacrilege, right?

do you use optics on any of your guns? because basically every one of those was originally designed for use with iron sights - you blasphemous heathen!

i mean.. unless you're doing a period correct reenactment or competition that forbids otherwise... why hate on someone using modern equipment just because you dont like it?

with my glasses and vision correction using iron sights (focusing on 3 planes) makes shooting difficult at best, especially at distance. so i use scopes or some other single plane optic to fix it.

caution do not look at the attached, pic - Trigger warning! - lol
Click to reveal..
tactical-levergun-1.jpg

Whaaat? A scope is bad enough, but pointy bullets in a lever gun, too!
wink.gif

Darn, guess this is totally out of the question, even for a half blind old man!

28912732237_d8b58a258a_z.jpg

Regards,
hm

Back