I'm looking for a fair chase guided hog hunt in TX that's is not to $$$$

jetman

First time ever.
I have never had a pay hunt but want to actually HUND some pigs.
I can't go Full-blown hold your hand. wipe your butt hunt.
Everything I find sounds more like a "Pen" hunt where you buy a hog they turn it loose in a fenced area and you shoot it.
I have 5 people that would join me and all would hunt. Maybe a 3-day hunt? Anywhere anyone has hunted like that?

Isn't it strange that all we hear is how there is a hog problem and they need killed. Then when we offer to kill them, they want to charge us for doing it. Maybe there really isn't a hog problem.

Originally Posted By: pyscodogIsn't it strange that all we hear is how there is a hog problem and they need killed. Then when we offer to kill them, they want to charge us for doing it. Maybe there really isn't a hog problem.

I've thought this same thing, and would love to go night hunt them like in the videos. It's possible if you have a good connection, and some people I know do trade hunts with some people down there.

But to just let anyone who shows up wanting to hunt, access to peoples' private farms, would be like our ranchers saying they have a coyote problem so anyone from anywhere can come in and hunt. It's just not going to happen, and wouldn't be that productive anyway. It might actually make things worse and just make the hunting harder for the locals who know the land and the animal patterns. Not to mention any possible collateral damage to land or livestock by people who may not be around by morning.

So I kind of understand the mentality of it, but it does seem like everyone wants to just cash in on the "problem".

Originally Posted By: pyscodogI think "cashing in" is probably closer to the truth. I remember when a deer lease was $5 an acre. Not anymore.

It's only going to get worse. As we speak, billionaires are buying up land like crazy, as it's a sure fire investment as the worlds population continues to grow. And they aren't going to give two craps if you and me like to hunt that property.

I'm extremely lucky to have a few places to go and hunt for free, one for deer which is difficult to find to say the least. I've asked if they had thought of leasing it out, and as of now they have no interest in having strangers hunt there for any amount of money.

Coyotes, well that's a lot easier, but I wouldn't be surprised if that all comes to an end in my lifetime also. The low prices probably actually helps to get access as a lot of guys won't bother going out to get $5 coyotes when fuel is $4 a gallon. I've slowed down also.

This takes us back to the beater truck thing! Most of my income is invested in Illinois deer and turkey hunting land. I can tell you first hand you can dang neared buy a farm for a truck payment.

We always talk about doin a hog hunt but ya no sissy canned hunts gonna work.

We put a cabin on the farm last year and was sure to add a shower to make it fully functional incase I ever got into a hunt trading situation.

Last edited:
There was a guy in Kenific Okla that had hog hunts. A bunch of us did a couple of bow hunts there. He only had 100 acres but you hunted on foot so after a day of hunting it sure felt like more. He found the hogs with dogs but the rest was up to you. He charged by the size of the hog. IIRC most weren't that expensive. This was years ago so I can't say if he's still doing it or not. Another guy in Fairland Okla also did hog and deer hunts. Can't say if he's around any longer either.

Back